SW 2014: Toolbar Problem

Hello

I had some problems with the installation of SolidWorks 2014 SP2 on my workstation and after several attempts, the last one was the right one.

On the other hand, in all the toolbars I am missing icons!

For example, on the attached screenshot, we can see that there is very little icon for the sketch.

I added the "new" "open" and "add-ons" icons by hand, but I don't have access to the small triangle that allows you to expand them (like to access the add-ons).

Now I must admit that I'm drying!

I got the settings from another workstation that has SW2014 SP2 too and that works fine, but it didn't have any effect. I also renamed the registry folder, with no effect either!

barre_doutils.jpg

can be go to customize sketch commands and select the desired categories and put them in the desired command window

Same for the # toolboxes save, close and reopen, what does it look like?

I think you've already tried so sorry I can't say better

@+ ;-)

2 Likes

"I had some problems with the installation of SolidWorks 2014 SP2 on my workstation and after several attempts, the last one was the right one."

Can you tell us more?

It seems like a hell of a coincidence, doesn't it?

2 Likes

Hello Lucas,

I had the same problem and had to reconfigure  my toolbars (Which doesn't take much time). As GT22 said: Options (the little arrow on the right of the icon), customize, command and then drag the icons of your choice into your toolbar, or, right click on the toolbar, customize and  ditto...

Have a nice weekend

Christopher.

3 Likes

Wouldn't it come from the fact that the SolidWorks toolbar is vertical?

2 Likes

Hello

You can actually add the icons via "custom/shortcut bar/drop-down toolbar" for tools with options (tangent arc, 3-point arc)

But at the beginning the installation is not done correctly (bad uninstallation, reinstallation etc.) which can cause multiple problems. Especially with this rather capricious software...

So I will advise you to uninstall everything, to pass a ccleaner, and to reinstall everything well.

If you don't want to redo everything, you can try an installation repair through the windows control panel.

Sincerely!

2 Likes

+1 with @Bart

For me it comes from there..

It is certainly possible to put everything back in place but it is not normal and one bug will cause another, one fine day, there will be another problem.

Try a clean install, as said above, a ccleaner hit, a defrag, possibly a little malware's bytes hit to eliminate the threads and it should do it:)

@+

2 Likes

The command manager can be reset to its default state, and obviously that's what you need.

To do this, when SOLIDWORKS is closed, you have to delete the registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SoftWare\Solidworks\Solidworks 2014\user interface\CommandManager\

When we restart Solidworks we will leave with a nice new order manager ;o)

1 Like

Hi all

As it was an administrative installation, impossible to repair it, I then tried to uninstall it to reinstall it later, but the uninstallation crashed!

As I had indicated before, I renamed the SolidWorks 2014 folder in the registry and it didn't  work!

And adding the buttons one by one, I know how to do it, but it won't change the problem of the "Open" buttons for example:

I can't find where to add the "Open" button with the menu where you can choose "create a drawing" for example...

I finally managed to reinstall the SolidWorks 2014 SP2 after a system restore.

Thank you all, now I have found all the icons.

Didn't you lose too many things by doing a system restau?

@+

1 Like

It doesn't affect the files, so no problem a priori!