SW cannot create a new part

Hello to you,

Since I switched to SW 2019 I find the same problem as the 2014 version but that I didn't have in SW 2018, that is to say that after a while you click on new part or mpe, for example, and nothing happens. So I had to close SW and re-open it for it to work.

Did you have the same kind of problem?

Yours sincerely

1 Like

Hello

I have had the same problem since May and this following the transition to 2020.

On the one hand you reassure me, as I said on the 2018 it seemed to be solved^^ too bad I wasn't missing this bug there^^

Never had this problem.

You say nothing happens but SW is blocked or can you open an existing file?

1 Like

It's as if the buttons no longer work nor the small file open, but I can open by dragging for example for an existing part, but create one.

But like many of us we close SW from time to time to purge the memory to avoid crashes is less annoying, on the other hand I fill those who are on large assemblies.

2 Likes

Hello

I just ran into the same problem. Does anyone have a solution?

Thank you in advance.

Hello

Ditto, does it bug ...?

I'm glad I'm not the only one in this case, personally it's a problem that has existed at least since SW2012.

A simple close open solves the problem (peace to your soul if you with heavy assembly :p )

Problem still present on SW2019

1 Like

In fact, I found a trick so that I don't have to close and reopen Sw. When the bug occurs, you just have to open an MEP of an already drawn part via open ==> browse the recent documents and then you have access to the new documents again. For the moment it's the only thing I've found.

3 Likes

Hello

I arrive a little late in the conversation, but I confirm what AC Cobra says

By opening by the recent menu it solves this type of problem.

Kind regards

1 Like

Hello @ac cobra 427

Thanks for the tip because otherwise it makes me lose the last modifications? Not to mention that when the system starts to slip or freeze, the automatic save seems to no longer work. As a result, half an hour or an hour can be lost. Obviously it's always when you do something that you shouldn't lose that it waffles  ;-(     (because of that damn Murphy)

Kind regards

2 Likes