SW VBA - Unsaved operations with "record/pause macro"

Hello

I'm new to programming on SW and I'm facing a problem for which I couldn't find the topic on the forum.

Most of the time, the "Record / Pause Macro" option scrupulously lists all the operations performed during the recording.

On the other hand, I didn't understand why the software didn't leave the slightest trace of the operations carried out when I changed the color of a part or when I constrained parts according to their planes or reference axes.

After doing some research, I found that these functions were nevertheless quite feasible in VBA with functions like addmate5.

Is it a bug on my computer? Are there any options to force the software to save these functions in the macro?

By the way, if you know tutorials or docs detailing the constraints of VBA assemblies for dummies, I'm interested :)

Thank you

Hello;

Indeed, Solidworks is not very vocal in its macro recordings.
The best thing to do is to consult the forums or the Solidworks API sites:

On the website of : https://www.codestack.net/solidworks-api/document/assembly/mates/
there is a whole segment dedicated to Constraints... you will probably find an element of answers.

Kind regards.

Hello

I had some doubts, but thank you for confirming and thank you also for the link, it's exactly what I was looking for.