(symbol for drilling)

Can we have an accuracy to the 64th of a base inch with the (symbol for drilling) and also have the base dimension to the 16th of an inch with the (smart dimension).

I think that in the text file calloutformat.txt it could be done but I think I'm wrong.

Is there a macro at worst that could exist??

Hello

If I have understood your request correctly,

The "calloutformat.txt" file only gives the format of what will be written when you point to a hole (smooth, tapped or other). To increase the accuracy of the dimensioning, you must go to "document properties" in the "dimensions" tab and/or in the "units" tab.

3 Likes

Hello Rim-b

Thank you for your answer.

But I'm trying to find out if it's possible to be accurate to 1/16th of an inch in the base dimensioning in the drawing and in the drill symbol to be accurate to 1/64th of a base inch in the drawing

It's especially for the tapped holes and their pre-drilling ex: 1/2 13NC and the 27/64 drill bit it is then necessary to go and change the units of the pre-drilling symbol

it's either one to the other  and not both I think

Hello

For the dimension in inches, there is a parameter to be modified that allows you to specify the basis of the fractions to be used on the dimension.

See attached image.

Is that what you wanted?

Jerome

franction_pouce.png
3 Likes

Hello Todesco

Thank you for your answer.

But I'm looking for a way to avoid doing like in your photo. I don't want to have to do that. I want new designers to have no trouble choosing the right fraction based on the thread. I want it to be (idiot proof)