Part symmetry

Hello

I would like to know if it is possible to make a complete symmetry of a part (see example attached) without creating a volume body but by importing all the functions in order to create an independent and modifiable part?

Thank you in advance for your help.

exemple.png

Not to my knowledge, and it will be of great service to me sometimes.

2 Likes

Hello

Watch this tutorial

https://www.lynkoa.com/tutos/cr%c3%a9ation-de-pi%c3%a8ce-sym%c3%a9trique

Jerome

1 Like

Hello

Here' s how I proceed to have a symmetrical part via configuration and graded the original. 

2 Likes

Hello

Indeed, the tutorial referred to @Todesco explains the different methods from the part environment or the assembly environment. Now it remains to be seen if you want to keep the link with the base piece (and here the principle is to have a volume body) or break the link with the base part (and there you have the construction tree that is recreated).

Kind regards

2 Likes

Hello

You can create two configurations, a right and a left, at the end of the tree you add a Symmetry function + a Delete body, to create your symmetrical side.
If you have differences between the two sides, you just have to set them in your configurations (odds or function plus or minus). On the other hand, you have to do a bit of brain gymnastics, for the symmetrical side because you have to make your modifications in reverse.

At home we do this for each symmetrical part, it's the best solution we've found so far (and we make almost all our parts symmetrically)

2 Likes