File synchronization

Hi all

I am looking for a solution to synchronize data such as document templates, profile databases, component libraries locally,... with a network location.

The goal is that when I change the basemaps, or materials on a server location, the data synchronized in a client's premises is automatically updated and transparent.

I tried with offline files but the latency is very long making the work too long. I can't find a solution for solidworks to load local files as a priority, so that windows automatically synchronizes them if I intervene on the server files.

In addition, we work in multi sites (same city and in Morocco) and therefore the performance of the vpn is very impactful.

If anyone has an idea please...?

Thank you in advance and above all have a good holiday to all

Roma

1 Like

You can set up a batch at windows logon to make the copy of the said folder

2 Likes

Hello MaD

Indeed I thought about it and it would be good but unfortunately I can't do it because of my active directory profile... In addition, you have to set up the profiles in the batch in sync... so it will never be up to date and the info service will not take care of it! It's going to be complicated. I'm going to go to cobian to manage the sync.

Thank you for your help!