Best fit system Pivot link? Looking for the most reliable solution

Hello everyone, here I have a question that may seem simple for some, I have a Ø1000 mm steel platter or I have a load of 5000N that I have to rotate at a 1rpm/mm.

Which pivot link system would be best suited to my situation? 

I had imagined a slewing ring with little friction with a diameter of 850mm to distribute the load over its entire surface. With a 1000rpm motor, with torque inverter and torque limiter! 

But I would like your opinion on the matter? 

Sincerely, thank you for all your answers.

Jimmy 

23.png

Hello Jimmy

500 kg is nothing at all for a ball bearing at the bottom and a bearing on the central axis at a certain height with an axle of 50mm and even less it should be enough, but it all depends if the load is always more or less centered and if it is never on a slope. The friction on a ball bearing is very low: crowns are only used for much larger loads and especially when the load is subject to a steep  slope of more than 3%  or if there is no height (as on a mechanical excavator).

For the drive, if your motor is placed on the ring gear, you reduce the number of N/m in fact. If you also have not a motor but a geared motor. Then you will easily have your 1rpm: Question of ratio calculation which is not very complicated.

Note, a chain drive will cost you much less because you can make the chain sprocket by laser cutting and especially with the number of teeth (number of steps) desired.

On the other hand, the question of the torque inverter seems to mean that you are not looking for a constant rotational speed. However, I note that you don't give the Min and Max value. Do you really need a variable speed drive.
Note : The inverter does not act on the torque but only on the speed.

Kind regards

1 Like

Hello @Zozo_mp, 

Thank you, for your answer, no I don't need a constant speed.

The load itself is not important, but it is true that a chain drive is much less expensive.

Thank you for your answer, it's fine with me.

Kind regards.

1 Like

I would have another question, I wanted to use a variable speed drive and not a torque variator as I had stipulated,  to lower my number of rpm, as I start from 1000rpm, it would be too great a ratio to go down 1/1000 so I wanted to lower this number of rpm to have a lower and less expensive gear ratio. What do you think? Have an idea?