SOLIDWORKS TEST: Where Are You Doing?

Hello @tous, :)

Would you like to know your level on SOLIDWORKS ? In 5 minutes, do the knowledge tests on SOLIDWORKS and its different products : basic, sheet metal, simulation, welded constructions...

I test myself

Feel free to post your scores;) 

Have a good day, Coralie 

3 Likes

Hello Coralie,

Well thank you for this test, I'll test when I have an availability, I saw a preview, it looks pretty good due to everything to see, I'll do it... @+.

AR.

1 Like

@A.R and yes, it allows you to learn new techniques and practice on features that you may not use on a daily basis:) 

Coralie 

2 Likes

Yes exactly I'm going to try... we stand informé...@+.

AR.

Hello @Coralie ,

I'll also test to see where I stand :-)

1 Like

@tous, 

Great, will you keep me informed of your results;) 

Coralie 

1 Like

Hello

I look at it when I have 5 minutes.

May the force be with you.

1 Like

Good morning,

I did 3 tests:

Base:18/20

Sheet metal: 14/20

Welded mechanic: 14/20

It's like the highway code, it's on multiple choices that we get fooled:p (but not only...)

Good luck to you.

3 Likes

Hello@tous 

Great, we're waiting for the results!

Congratulations @Fuz3D, what good marks! Congratulations:)

Hello

I did 3 tests as well,

Base 19/20
Sheet metal work 15/20
16/19 ??? assembly

Maybe a test on the standard functions is missing

1 Like

Hello

I did 3 tests:

Base:20/20

Sheet metal: 11/20

Mechanically welded: 17/20

and as @FUZ3D 

It's like the highway code, it's on multiple choices that we get fooled:p

And for me, written answers are difficult to understand, it's hard to verbalize icons and my design automatisms.

Good luck to you.

1 Like

Hello

I just did the basic test=18/20.

@+.

A.R

1 Like

Hello @tous, 

Congratulations, you all got very good grades!  @gwygwy 20/20 on the basic test bravo! 

@Pierre S, @gwygwy , thank you for your feedback and recommendations; @gwygwy can you tell me on which test(s) the written questions were difficult to understand so that we can improve them?  

I thank you and congratulate you again on these great results, there is a high level! :)

Coralie 

Hello

Basic test:15/20, Better than in high school ;-)
What would be nice is to see where we have screwed up
Always learning from your mistakes...

Will do the other asap tests  
A+

1 Like

Hello

15/20

- with a mistake of inattention on the oblong contour the 220 dimension that was present (bam! a bath)

- error on automatic    bubble (I must say that I hardly have time to jam the bubble)

On the other hand, I didn't understand why he puts a bubble on me: "How many degrees of freedom do we have to block on a part for it to be fixed in space?""   For me, who very often fixes by planes rather than  surfaces, the answer is: "3 DDL" the minimum being two, one axial stress and two edges

I didn't understand why he banished me on the last question "By what types of functions can the next part be obtained?" I who very often make the radii in the sketch rather than with the Radius/chamfer  function, we can very well make the part with a single revolution and four holes for the flanges.

Kind regards

2 Likes

Hello

9/19       Advanced Assemblies  It's not surprising because I only use ultra standard constraints (no config), I don't use functions that work badly or that are badly done.

Kind regards

1 Like

Basic test: 19/20

Welding: 13/20

Sheet metal work: 11/20

Advanced assembly: 9/19 (although I use them)

Static simulation: 12/20

@Zozo_mp: A body (one part) has six degrees of freedom (DDL) in space (three translations according to x, y & z as well as three rotations "around" x, y and z);  So you have to block all six for a piece to be fixed. You are confusing constraints with degrees of freedom. A plane support constraint, for example, can block one translation (vector normal to planes) and two rotations ("around" the two remaining vectors of the reference frame); i.e. three DDLs. If we put aside the "fixed" constraint that alone blocks 6 DDLs, the minimum constraints needed to block 6 DDLs is indeed two.

2 Likes

Hello @tous, 

I see that the assembly test is not easy...! Congratulations to all, you still get very good averages! 

@zozo_mp, thank you for your comments that I share with the creators of the test! Several answers are indeed possible depending on your daily uses, 

Have a nice day 

Coralie 

Hello @mgauroy

Thank you for taking the time to explain effectively, I understand better the possible ambiguity.
As I use planes almost all the time (more and more often) to put constraints,  it absolves me of degrees of freedom.

Kind regards

3 Likes

Hello;

Basic Test: 19/20

Welded construction:  17/20

Sheet metal: 17/20

Advanced Assemblies: 16/20

Simulation: 13/20

the corrections are missing.... to see if my "few" answers "Au pif" are right or not :).

Kind regards.

2 Likes