Text in a Sketch of a Part

Hello

I compose a text by editing it in the sketch of a piece to make a volume (see attached drawing) I use the Gabriola font. This gives the result you see; the R is badly drawn, the E and the V partially overlap. The volume created is incomplete.

What solution do you suggest (other than changing the policy!) to best overcome this difficulty?

Hello;
Ideally, you should decrease the font size (or increase the length of the sketch line to which the text is linked).
Also try the " totally justified " option:

Otherwise, there is still the possibility to transform the text into a sketch (Right-click on the text then " Dissolve sketch text") to extrude each letter independently.

2 Likes

Reusing your settings, I changed the width factor to 150% (for your R) and the spacing to 103% (for V)

To see if it suits your taste afterwards

4 Likes

With the " Gabriola " font, the choice of " Bold " makes the R overlap on itself...
This problem is solved with the settings offered by @coin37coin ... it's a pity, " the Gras... That's life!" 

3 Likes

Hello

Be careful with the fact of " Dissolve the sketch text", from memory this action is irreversible.
If you want to modify the text afterwards, you have to redo everything... it cannot be re-published.

The advantage is that you can use the " Fit Features " tool to remove overlaps.

From experience having done a little signs, SW and fonts it's not always easy...

Have a nice day.

1 Like

That's right: No going back (except immediately (CTRL+Z)). But in the case of @descamps , given these invariable criteria, this should not pose any problems...

Here again it's true: We often come to create our own Tipo / Police to avoid these pitfalls... I'm thinking of the " Laser " fonts among others.

Many thanks to you. I have indeed checked what you suggested.
I got through it. I think that in the future I will still reserve the option " dissolve the sketch text" to one or a few letters (too many sketch components).
Beautiful evening

Yes... Dissolving text is violent.
Glad you made it...
All that remains is to choose one of the above proposals as the " Best answer " to close this Thread...
Meilleur_Reponse

2 Likes