Quote text on solid Works

Hello

I'm having a problem on Solidworks

After installing solidworks SP4.0, I create a sketch, a circle, I want the side and there, the dimension is: <MOD-DIAM><12.5>

I've never encountered this problem before, despite the base file . Prdot I had modified it according to our needs, as well as the drawing files with our cartridges and the assemblies.

I also had a problem when opening an assembly.

Ex: I open a step of a client called e.g.: Plan001

I open the step but it doesn't open in assembly named: plan001

It opens in assem.asmdot, so yes I can do saved as and choose to save in assembly.

but up to 50 Step clients per day, put back the correct file name and still have to change the backup settings, I would like to know if anyone has ever encountered a problem of this type or if anyone knows about it

PS: I don't know if it's understandable, but thank you in advance

Hello Julien,

At home it works very well, have you ever tried to repair solidworks or restarted it??? Have you also called the hotline if you are under maintenance???

1 Like

Yes, for the moment the hotline is not available that's why I published here ..

and yes I reinstalled the SP4.0 it's still the same

Probably a path to the symbol file that got lost.

In tool/option/file location look at symbol library file and/or symbol format definition file. and put back the original path (see the path on another station if possible.)

EDIT: In general if I remember correctly because at home it's personalized it's in:

C:\ProgramData\solidworks\Solidworks 2014\lang\english

4 Likes

Here is the file to find follow this link and the answer of .PL

http://www.lynkoa.com/forum/mise-en-plan/probleme-mod-diam-solidworks-2016

1 Like

Compare your settings with mine and test the differences to see if it's from the settings. I did everything I could not to miss something...

parametres.pdf

Yes, I succeeded

It was fine in file locations

View my attachment

on the other hand, the GTOL file. SYM is (for my position) in

C:/Windows/Instaler .. ... ..

Instaler is not a file but a notepad with different data including the GTOL. SYM (so impossible to find it in solidworks)

So I copied this data and copied them directly into the Windows folder directly and bingo its working.

like you're faster than the Hotine here and with a little research we get there! thank you both

solution.jpg
1 Like

yes, it's the famous GTOL file. SYM

The SW 2016 version of the access path

C:\ProgramData\solidworks\Solidworks 2016\lang\english

The problem often comes during a new installation of SolidWorks, the location of this file changes because of the year in the folder but SW still points to the old path which is empty at the end.

When you reinstall a new version of SW, you have to pay attention to the checkmarks and messages compared to the old version; otherwise SW points to the old locations