Toolbox no longer works

Hello
Toolbox worked very well but now when I want to open it this message appears:
SOLIDWORKS needs a folder to store user data for drilling assistance. Since the default "data" folder does not have read-write privileges, please select a folder that does.
There are no updates that have been made neither for the PC nor for SLD 2020, it worked very well and now not at all
Thank you for your help

Hello @Sawashie,
This problem is strange for me (especially since I don't use Toolbox anymore), on the other hand some recent versions of solidworks have a bug like to restrict write read rights, try to start solidworks as an administrator (right click on the shortcut > > compatible property > run as an admin), a pop-up will be displayed every time you start but it should help you out!

1 Like

Hello
thanks for the info
It works on the other hand I no longer have access to my solidworks files on the network of my work
you don't use Toolbox anymore, what do you have instead because this tool is very practical
Thank you

Hello;
Questions:
Is your Toolbox / Drilling Wizard also on your network?
Do you use drive letters to access it (like W: or E:) or is it a full network path (///my-server/mon_Répertoire)?
Teleworking with a remote connection?

Personally, I quickly abandoned Toolbox in favor of a library of personal components...
(the components are not easily configurable, incomplete, or even obsolete, not to mention the materials...)
The sentence:

… And an aberration in my eyes... How do you use it?

Kind regards.

2 Likes

Hello @Sawashie ,

Personally on our side we use a personally created library, because we only have a version that can use the toolboox.

If you are interested, here is the link to download it: Library

The link is available 30 days and currently used on the 2020 version of solidworks, if you want for an older version, don't hesitate to tell me :slight_smile:
In the Zip file you will find a large part of the screws, as well as a Macro folder, if you want to put it in a bar, you will just have to correct the links according to the location where you are going to store the library

Good evening

1 Like

Hello
no W or E to open it but directly with a button in SLD
SLD and Toollbox are installed on my PC and all my files are on the network
The problem is solved, the computer scientist simply created another location for the "data" folder and it works, which I didn't dare to do.
Thank you, have a good day

Hello
Thank you very much for the link
The computer scientist solved my problem, he simply created another location for the "data" folder in document and it works
I didn't dare to do it because I didn't want to add one more problem, it's still weird that SLD lost this location, thanks for your help
Have a nice day