ToolBox - SolidWorks

One more question to get your point of view.

For your standard parts, do you use elements from the ToolBox library or another library?

Pros / Cons

Thank you

2 Likes

Other libraries only.

This is personalized (weight, properties).

As we don't have the whole toolbox (version of solodworks) in our BE, it's essential to create a personalized library accessible to all.

1 Like

Hello

Apparently few people use the toolbox. See this thread: http://www.lynkoa.com/forum/3d/bibliotheque-de-visserie

Personally I installed and configured it several years in a row but finally we went back to parts files managed by families of parts.

Disadvantage toolbox:

1. Available only from the pro version. So if in your workgroup you have one or more standard licenses. The toolbox is not available for these users.
  2. Set-up difficulties.
  3. Customization difficulties: adding missing parts, adding custom properties.
  4. Bad onviality for my taste.
  5. Setting up each time SW version is changed.

Advantage toolbox:

1. Integration into SW
  2. Recognition of the screws in SW

Disadvantage of the room:

1. Substantial groundwork for the implementation

Advantage of the room:

1. No problem with SW version.
  2. Easy to use after installation.
  3. Easy evolution.
  4. Easy to use.

Thank you for your feedback on using the toolbox.

Have a nice day

3 Likes

No toolbox for us either, it's much easier for my taste to organize and manage your own part library!!

1 Like

Hello

At home I have created a separate library for all the screws with the VSM standards:)

Because we are in the same case as "flegendre" 2 standard sw version and 1 premium version.

The only avatange I see are only if all the stations will have the same version the toolbox will be useful, on the other hand as I could see at home, if you open an assembly with toolbox elements in the standard, all the elements leave and therefore constraints them too.

But if a library of interest for all the elements of visere, pin, etc... Feel free to let me know ;), because I'm making an improvement on the version I've been preparing right now:)

Have a good day to you;)

1 Like

Hello

Over time, I have built up my own library of screws and standard items (thanks to the school, a large part of what I have comes from them!) that I complete as I go along.

For me it's much more practical and easy to use than ToolBox. But with ToolBox the screws are not cut in the drawing...

1 Like

usually after a study done via different users and on different sites

see this link http://forum.solidagora.com/topic1748.html

Creating your personal library is an undeniable +

avoid the toolbox too ;-((

@+ ;-))

Hello

@Fréderic, any part can be defined so as not to be cut in the drawing, just set it to the following value in its properties:

isfastener=1

@+

2 Likes

Hello

Like everyone else, we don'thave a toolbox, but a personalized library on the network.

Someone on the site (I don't remember who) said good things about this library:

http://bib.altitech.free.fr/

There are a priori many functions of a library in addition to standard components.

Maybe we could make available on Lynkoa an "ideal" library where everyone would contribute, as for the material library?

1 Like

Thanks for the Coyote Tip!

Edit: is it with BatchProperties that I can glue this property on all my screws?

Yes @Fréderic Batchproperties

1 Like

I see that I'm not the only one who is mixed with the ToolBox.

To bounce back with what @PL say, my idea would be to share a common library of the main standard elements. I have a lot of libraries grabbed right and left but they are more or less relevant. I would be in favor of creating a group to think about making a functional framework for the standard elements and then implementing this library.

AltiTech is a library not of components but of functions allowing material removals to make keyways for example. In the same spirit, we can also think about supplementing with tools of other usual shapes.

I will set up this group in the hope that some of you will be motivated by the subject.

4 Likes

With us, there is no toolbox.

We work for several clients who provide us with their "standard" elements.

On the website http://bib.altitech.free.fr/ it is written:

Special features of version 2.2

• a series of Screw Components ( Bolts, Welding Studs, Screws, Nuts, Washers )

So there are many components, right? 

@PL

Indeed, I remember that there was a library of screws in AltiTech but I found its use weird; it seems to me that the screw was put as a function in the room, that is to say that we did not have a piece of a listable screw but a library element IN the room. I will check tonight.

1 Like