Transfer of licence

Hello

I bought a SW standard 2014 SP5 license, I installed it on a workstation, it is registered, active everything is fine.

I would like to install SW on another workstation (off-network and remote from the first one) to possibly use either on this workstation or on the other.

For the second installation, do I have to do anything special?

Once the installation has been carried out, is there a procedure for transferring the licence from one station to another and if so, what is the procedure?

Thank you for your help.

1 Like

For some time it has been forbidden to have 2 workstations with the same license.

To be able to have a license that goes from one workstation to another you have to have a system on a token network, and it's a paid option.

Edit: Contact your dealer 

1 Like
This is possible if it is a floating license also called a SolidNetWork license (SNL server). If you don't have a license server, it's impossible. There is a way to install SolodWorks on a second workstation at home for example, if it's not for commercial purposes I think. It must not be connected to the same network. Want more information about this type of license? I can search.
This type of license is called Home Usage License or HUL, I believe that you have to apply directly to SolidWorks so that they activate this second license, having your license number handy.

It seems to me that this type of "HUL" license no longer hesitates.

I had this type of license before, but now I don't have it anymore. If you have a solution to get it, I'm interested

Edit: Another solution is to deactivate the license as soon as you leave the workstation and reactivate it on the new one...

1 Like

Just do in the first sw installed "license transfer" by email (recommended)

Then, when the license is released, proceed with the second installation like the first.

Then don't forget to release the license every time you change jobs.

1 Like

It depends on whether you need to do this transfer often or not.

There is a fairly simple procedure: on the machine where the license is activated, click on the ? In the menu bar: there is a "Transfer licenses" option.

Once the license is released, you will be able to use it to install and use SW on the 2nd machine.

If you need to go back to the 1st machine, same manip (SW remains installed even if the license is deactivated).

I used it a couple of times, I remember that it worked well.

3 Likes

Yes, it works very well, I do this often because I work from home.

Before, there was a free secondary activation for the desiccant. But this one has been deactivated.

the manipulation described by Stefbeno seems very practical.

I did it on the workstation where SW was installed, everything seems to have gone well.

Then when I took over the SW download folder I tried to install it on another computer but there I don't have the option of individual installation.

How do I install on another PC?

And by creating an administrative image?

1 Like

What support was the first machine installed with?

If you had the DVD (or an image), it would be the easiest

Yes I have seen this option but it seems that it is to administer network workstations outside here it is not the case.

But I'm open to any effective solution

I installed SW after downloading what I needed from the site.

It's not an image but a big issue.

So does the administrative image function allow you to make an image (like a .iso file) and to do an installation, that's the question.

See here to create an administrative image

http://www.lynkoa.com/tutos/3d/creation-d-une-image-administrative-2013

@+ ;-))

Administrative image

Prerequisites: SW on several workstations

That's exactly what I want to do, install SW on several workstations, so I don't have the prerequisites so administrative image is not the solution to my problem I think

It's precisely installing SW on several posts an administrative image. It allows you to install directly for example the SP5 only from a dvd respecting the installation diagram of the first workstation.

1 Like

Create an administrative image from the SolidWorks Installation Manager

If you install SolidWorks on multiple computers, you can create an administrative image and then deploy the application to other computers.

1. Start the SolidWorks Installation Manager (as described in Initiating the SolidWorks Installation).
  2. On the Welcome screen , select Administrative image.

Options for creating administrative images are displayed:

Create a new image using the default settings.

Create the image using the default configuration settings (that is, not based on the settings set on an existing administrative image at your site).

Create a new image using the settings and files of an existing image.

Create the image using the configuration settings shown for an existing administrative image on your site.  Click Browse to specify the directory where the existing administrative image is installed.

Create an administrative image for both 32-bit and 64-bit versions.

You can create 32-bit and 64-bit images on a single computer or just the image that matches the computer's architecture. Creating both images requires that you access both the 32-bit and 64-bit installation media.

3.  Follow the on-screen instructions.

@+ ;-))

1 Like

The transfer works very well using the Stefbeno method