DXF Transformation to Sheet Metal

Hello

I got several DXFs from an architect and I have to transform them into sheet metal in solidworks, there is a lot of cutting and geometric shapes, which makes the transformation very long... or even it makes me crash the software. Tips for lightening the drawing and optimizing the design? I have 16 to transform in this way and it may be very long...

Hello

Could you share your dxf?

Cdlt

3 Likes

Hello

If it's a DXF sheet metal it should go very fast or I didn't understand the request can you give a DXF to see.

may the force be with you.

2 Likes

Hello

Try converting it to a block and then calling your block to convert it to sheet metal.

2 Likes

I need to transform this DXF into sheet metal to add folds and holes in order to integrate it into one of my parts, but there are so many different radii and entities that the transition of my model to sheet metal work is not done, a boss yes but the transformation into sheet metal work is not done behind.

4_bleu_4_brut.dxf

Hello

I went through surface and it works.

may the force be with you.

obiwan.sldprt
2 Likes

Which version are you under? Because he did it for me in 30s, I'm attaching the file in 2020

4_bleu_4_brut.sldprt
3 Likes

The dxf I sent you I created it from a boss I made with the sketch, I have the impression that the dxf generated by solidworks is less complex, I attach the original dwg received

4_bleus.dwg

indeed it goes without problem

just import your DXF as a 2D sketch

Thickness piece 10mm in attached picture

@+ ;-)

piece2_benjamin_leray.sldprt
3 Likes

I'm under 2020 as well

Also in 2020,oh.. weird

I imported in 2D sketch, with SW 2017 no problem.

Have you upgraded your version of solidworks or done a new installation?

Cdlt

1 Like