Turning a face into a mirror

Hello

With SolidWorks, I want to make a display case with a mirror inside.

For a presentation, how do you turn a side into a mirror?

Thank you.

Hello

In SolidWorks itself or with a PhotoView 360 rendering?

Hello, the rendering is not bad using Metal / Chrome plated and then in the advanced settings push the specular dispersion and the quality of reflection to the full

1 Like

Hello

I'm not sure if there is a mirror on SW. maybe you should put a chrome type face

Hello

In solidworks, you have a mirror appearance (see attached image), you drag it onto your part and it's good.

1 Like

Hello

In solidworks, you have a mirror appearance (see attached image), you drag it onto your part and it's good.

capture_1.jpg
4 Likes
Mdr, thank you for reminding us that you have to know how to make it simple before making it complicated.
2 Likes

Hello everyone and thank you for your answers, I tried both techniques, it's pretty but I'm going to do my pain, the reflection doesn't act on the element (reflection of the walls of the display case or other parts of an assembly).

Do you think this is possible?

Thank you.

Have you tried to

Playing with lights

to add more

Playing with reflection

That is the problem. The mirror effect is pretty good, but what it reflects is nothing more or less than an image that is used to reflect an environment.

The only solution is to copy the material and apply an image that reflects the desired environment.

In other words, associate the material with a photo of a particular environment, or the image of a rendering that would be, in this specific case, a realistic rendering of your window...

It's a bit (a lot) of work...

1 Like

yes as Yves says that I salute 

A lot of work to do something viable

http://help.solidworks.com/2012/French/SolidWorks/sldworks/Basic_Lighting_Controls.htm#doc1292868312524

@+

With photo view the reflections of the mirror are correct (it's not just the background applied to the background) 

PS see the TV screen transformed into a mirror on the image

maison_15.jpg

Of course, I think I'll leave it at that, thanks again to all.

@Js Please designate "the best answer" to the question :-)

@Greg It's nice at your place, I like the decoration :-)

It's only a dream my wife forbids me to put a motorcycle as a decoration! or even a beautiful chrome twin! And she doesn't like Chesterfield sofas either! THEY DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT! sniff sniff