Work from another workstation for telecommuting with mysolidworks

Hello

The salesperson who sells us Solidworks told me that you can use SolidWorks on other workstations than the office (e.g. at home when working from home) via the Mysolidworks platform. Have you heard of it? https://my.solidworks.com/try-solidworks

I searched on the site but the version is very limited, you can't save parts, assemblies, import cartridges and other preferences. 

Thank you in advance.

Interesting concept.

To save the pieces here is what is written:

Note to users :

Any locally saved files will be deleted at the end or expiration of your session.

Your models :

To save and access your template, sign in to your online storage solution (e.g. Box, Google Drive, Dropbox) after logging in to the trial.

Sample files:

You will find various sample files including assemblies, parts, and drawings that were previously loaded into your session.

On the other hand, for the user profile and cartridge, you should perhaps ask the salesperson.

Still, you can load and save a profile (save tool, restore settings)

1 Like

Hello

And by switching the license to Online mode?

At this point, the license is attached to an account on MySolidworks with login and password. Then by installing SolidWorks in Online mode, you can "walk" the license on several workstations as long as they are connected to the internet.

We switched to this kind of license management because we have a technician who is likely to go on the go, and because of that, he can transfer his license to a portable workstation without any worries.

2 Likes

Hello

You will find all the solutions and tutorials for using SOLIDWORKS remotely in this article:

https://www.visiativ-solutions.fr/solidworks-en-teletravail/

License borrowing, online activation, VPN, there is also a focus on SOLIDWORKS PDM.

Have a good day everyone

Hello 

The company where I work has put the licenses online, linked with a mysolidworks account. To be able to work on another workstation, you have to install solidworks on this one and instead of putting a serial number, you log in to your account. With us it works very well.

With this method, you can even synchronize all your settings from one station to another. 

2 Likes