Mouse Type

Hello

I contact you for a material question at the mouse level. This is still a very important element when we do CAD. I'm just planning to change my mouse and I was wondering what you could advise me in terms of ergonomics, performance.... I started on a wireless mouse.

I work with only one mouse and not two, because I don't really see the use of a second mouse and the time saved with its use. If you have arguments in favor of using a second mouse, I'm interested :)

Thank you for your answers

Hello

See this thread: http://www.lynkoa.com/forum/draftsight/sondage-modele-souris-utulise?page=0#answer-485063

If you choose a Logitech, some configuration tips here: http://www.lynkoa.com/forum/3d/comment-configuere-une-souris-logitech-m555-pour-solidworks-merci?page=0#answer-198821

See you.

1 Like

We're all pretty much with a logitech anywhere

After that, there are several types depending on the number of buttons.

I think it's The Mouse for Cartoonists. (Personally)

and others in logitec MX

https://www.google.fr/shopping/product/6717571822036371613?q=logitech+anywhere&es_sm=122&biw=1414&bih=881&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.83339334,d.ZGU&tch=1&ech=1&psi=IOCzVICvOImP7Abz9IGQCA.1421074466196.3&prds=paur:ClkAsKraX5YBSpHhHXdMheaMB0tzCKX3nYtlkX5-yIm2ReZbE4B9eRfPNW44IiK4EJw1GUvutLbBlrGZfLVGXKX9FOpKv5T7LEbw0MEQxlMRMja02mlMHo4FWBIZAFPVH707sEMGTREbexx8yGLYaTs4EAfTkw&ei=JeCzVKfaC-PY7Abi74GoBw&ved=0CIUBEKYrMAE

1 Like

At first glance I was going for the logitech MX

In terms of working with 2 mice it's interesting, because they are still 100€ and even up to 350€... Do you use them?

Yes, I have one. It's a SpaceMouse® Pro. I paid half price for it on the web, because it's sure that at 350€...

You have to make an effort to use it and set it up at the beginning. Then it's very useful. I find that this makes sense when working on an assembly. We turn the part with our left hand and select the constraints and entities.

Here.

2 Likes

I use the Anywhere Mx

The battery lasts a long time

It fits well in the hand

Cheap (I got some from memory for 70 euros)

And configurable!

For me it's a very good value for money.

it looks very good the Anywhere Mx, but I have the impression that the MX performance looks more ergonomic. They are both at the same price, that's why I'm still a little hesitant:)

Hello

Logitech mice are very good, on the other hand, it is always better to take wired mice, bcp bcp less weight, so comfort in use.

I agree with remrem, the space mouse of 3D connection are essential tools in my opinion but it requires time to adapt and configure.

In the end, this saves a significant amount of time.

1 Like

Like @remrem, a "classic" mouse and a SpaceMouse.

You have to test the SpaceMouse, you have to force yourself for a good week and then you can't do without it!!!

In terms of zoom  (on assembly) the space mouse is by far the fastest and most effective solution and above all you don't have pain in your fingers due to the zoom at the wheel.

1 Like

Hello

So me, unlike everyone else, I simply use the mouse that comes with the station.

S.B

3 Likes

It's true that the space mouse looks interesting, but the price is still not negligible, 300€ the mouse, it's not cheap 

1 Like

I took it here. No problem...

3 Likes

@s.b, Like you, just a classic Dell or HP mouse and keyboard shortcuts. (sharing the action between the 2 hands, my carpinn canals thank me !! )

I had tested one of the first 3D mice for 2/3 weeks without ever adhering to it, habits are too tenacious.

I was provided with a Logitech M500, heavy, roulette either crazy or very hard and noisy (we have the choice, that's what's good :/ ), and not very precise pointer. Head to the drawer, and back with the simple mouse!

That said, it's a recurring topic here, and no solution that everyone agrees on! It's up to each person to judge!

:)

2 Likes

In my early days, I used a graphic palette with an optical pencil and I must say that it was very practical.

1 Like

@s.b.

ME10 is it? I didn't know but it made a lot of nostalgic people this graphic palette system! :)

@Benoit.LF

Yes, that's right, but I think we've talked about it before.

Hello again,

I advise you to do a search under space pilote pro

You'll see a lot of user comments who all say the same thing...

In addition, it is possible to request this type of equipment on loan.

Last info to validate the purchase in my company we did a test of speed of creation of part with associated plan.

The result was not debatable...

1 Like

Hello everyone and hello Neroz.

I'm new here.

In order to guide you, for my part I have a Roccat Kone mouse and its mat, the whole very precise and fast. For the right hand...

http://www.roccat.org/Products/Gaming-Mice/ROCCAT-Kone-/

... For the left hand, the SpaceNavigator for nootbooks from 3Dconnexion (I have little space).

http://www.3dconnexion.fr/products/spacenavigator-for-notebooks.html

The handling takes a little time and the investment is noticeable but once you get used to it, you get more comfortable and the time saved is about divided by 2.

The SpaceNavigator is used to control the room within the space, with a good setting it's like having your room in your hand.

For my part, I won't be without it and the next one will be the SpaceMouse Pro.

http://www.3dconnexion.fr/products/spacemousepro.html

I've read that many of you work like this and they've made the right choice.

FYI, I used to work with a 3-button CAD mouse (without wheels) well, I won't go back to that. not to mention the click-clicks that go to your head.

hoping to have helped you.

Kind regards

Fabian

1 Like

Thank you for all your answers which were very useful to me and which confirmed my choice on the logitech performance MX that I have just ordered.

I'm also going to test the Space Navigator, to see if working with two hands can be interesting. I think that the adaptation time is long, but according to your comments the time saving is not negligible