Using Dimension Styles

Hello

To automate the creation of drawings, I tried to save the dimensioning parameters of the "document properties" dialog box in a drawing template. However, I have to change some of these parameters and add others through the styles according to the types of dimensions and the scales of the views. Is there a way to incorporate these styles into drawing  templates? If not, what is the best technique to use your styles and choose the right settings to gain productivity on mechanical projects in solidworks 2011.

Thank you for your help.

Hello

You can create multiple "Basemaps" (slddrts) with your settings set in the options/Properties of the document. This operation is to be done manually once your drawing of your component is done, by right-clicking on your sheet you can load another basemap.

Alternatively, you can use the "Integration" utility of the myCADtools suite (version 2011) to batch modify some drawing properties that you have already made.

Kind regards

3 Likes

Hello

The Integration utility is very good for this kind of work, however be sure to process on a small batch of files before starting your processing on all your files (so as not to have any unpleasant surprises..)

Cdt.

1 Like

Hello

I tried as you explained jmsavoyat, but you can't save the dimension meters in a flat background. I had to create several layout models (  ) each integrating a dimension style. Thank you anyway.

Kind regards

You can create one (or more) personal rating standards for yourself.

All you have to do is choose the one that suits you according to the plan you have to make.