Using the same edge for linear component pattern

Hello

Like linear repetitions at the part level, I would like, in an assembly, to use the same edge (or axis) to make a linear repetition in 2 opposite directions.

Is it a limitation of the software or I can't find the trick?

Thank you for your advice

Hello

I just tested, and yes it doesn't work... SW deselects the stops when you click on it again!

It's amazing to be able to do this in a part by repeating a function but not in an assembly to repeat a part. I thought that a rehearsal was a rehearsal regardless of the environment (part / assembly).

To be continued...

3 Likes

Hello @Emilien E 

Could you make us a screenshot, even partial, of the edge and the object to repeat.

2 preliminary remarks:

1°) I find it normal that SW doesn't know how to do it: as you want to describe it in the title. Indeed, the repetitions are done on a flat side, generally with a virtual guide line defined by your parameters  (except in the case of degassing where it can be done on a cylindrical surface).

2°) Is your edge straight or curved or see 3D

3°) you need to know if your assembly is only made up of parts or parts + other ASM s/s. Indeed, SW doesn't like it when we do heterodox stuff on mixed assemblies (part and ASM s/s).

Brief! Tell us a little more so that we can help you in a more relevant way.

Kind regards

Hello @Zozo_mp,

The problem is relatively simple:

- In a part, during a linear repetition of a function, it is possible to use the same edge (straight of course) or the same axis to define the 2 directions.

- In an assembly, during a linear repetition of a component, it is not possible to use the same edge (or axis) to define the 2 directions.

As @a.eriaud SW says, deselects the edge when you click on it a 2nd time.

Images en PJ

Regards

repetition_lineaire_dans_une_piece.jpg
repetition_lineaire_dans_un_assemblage.jpg

Hello

It's possible but you have to select a second stop or print screen

repetition_piece_asm_direction_oppose.jpg

Like @ac cobra 427, you have to select a 2nd edge and if not possible a plane (front, top...) can also do the trick.

Thank you, I know how to do that.

My request is: to be able, for a repetition of a component in an assembly, to use the same entity (edge or axis) to define the 2 directions.

This being possible for a function repetition in a part, I imagined that it was possible for a component repetition in an assembly. A priori no.

3 Likes

Hello Emilien

I created an assembly of two rectangular pieces without any material removal or extrusion.

I created a mini hexagonal bar which is a piece so

Then in the ASM I created a sketch that spreads out on the two parts does a material removal (the cylindrical holes) In this case the material removal is done on both parts.

Then in the ASM I inserted the hexagonal bar and using an edge I managed to make a duplication of the object without any problem. On the other hand, if I remove the yellowing part, then the hexagonal bars remain in place in the void because the duplication is attached to the first inserted part.

It is clear how propagations are made or not depending on whether the creation is done directly in the asm (top down method) or whether all the parts are all created outside (bottom up method)

Brief!!!!!!   I humbly admit that I didn't understand what you want to do.        ( NOooonnn don't bang your head :-)))    )

Kind regards

If you want the ASM I'm in SW 2021

test_repetition_lineaire_dobjet_ou_de_fonction_vue_ndeg2__avec_un_asm_supprime_.jpg
test_repetition_lineaire_dobjet_ou_de_fonction_vue_avec_les_2_asm_.jpg