Default value in solidworks

Hello

I would like to know if anyone knows how to change the defaults in solidworks.

For example when we do an extruded boss the default value is 10 for the thickness, how to set it to 19, because it's a more used value for me.

Thanks in advance

Hello, as you said in the thread, this is a default so I doubt that it can be changed. Except maybe with a macro. but is it really worth it!?

Kind regards

1 Like

Hello

You have to go to the system options then to the increments of the odds edition then to metric units you will put 19 and the turn and play..

Ps: I'm on leave (for the guards)

valeur_par_defaut_dans_solidworks.jpg
3 Likes

Oh yes you can do this method but if you want to add a millimeter to your dimension with the mouse you can't anymore, you have to type it by hand! because you act on the increments, either the value added to each notch of the mouse wheel or each time you press the little arrow to the right of the "Dimension Edition" window! 

Ps Ac cobra, those who watch over you better make themselves useful as you do by helping the community!! :)

Kind regards

1 Like

It's true that it plays on the roulette wheel, but after a click on the coin and then another on the odds and it's modifiable. Thank you for the nice little note...

Hello

Have you been able to test the change in parameters given in my answer???