Text Global Variable

Hello

Can we create a global variable in text format or are global variables necessarily in numeric format?

PS: I'm using solidworks 2021

Thanks in advance

What do you want to do in the end, if it's to make a text evolve in a piece put in plan... Depending on a configuration, you need to create a text-like properties. This property can then be modified in a config.

Otherwise variable in an equation? For what and what purpose?

1 Like

I would like to use it in an "if" function to be able to delete a function, it would give something like this:  IIF ("Dext_21" ='texte_a' , 0 , 1 )

What I don't understand is why your Dext_21 could have a text value and not a numerical one. In view of the name it is an Ø so numerical value must be.

There's something that escapes me...

That's an example, I could have put "foo" or "auntie" or whatever you want...

As a reminder, my initial question is: "can a global variable be in text format"?

I highly doubt it and I don't really understand the point, hence my questions and my request with a concrete example in order to answer as accurately as possible.

1 Like

Hello;

Watch the Tutorial:Concatenating-Conditional-Text
This should point you to a possible solution.
Kind regards

1 Like

It actually doesn't work (even if you look for a property of the file / config: it's possible if the value is numeric)

The solution: go through a family of parts controlled by Excel (you can do what you want as a formula with Excel)