SolidWorks Viewer for 32-bit PC

Hello

Based on some research, Edrawing 2015 is the latest version to support 32-bit PCs. How do I get my colleague who has a 32-bit PC to open my files when I upgrade to SolidWorks 2016?

Hello

Can't stay with Edrawing 2015?

You save your 2016 files in edrawing executable in 32bits

edrawings_32b.png
1 Like

Hello

You can also use the 3D PDF as a replacement:

http://help.solidworks.com/2013/french/SolidWorks/sldworks/t_Exporting_3D_PDF_Files.htm

1 Like

coin37coin: Edrawing 2015 can read SolidWorks 2016 files? Because the 2014 version does not read the 2015 files...

Bart: Is it possible again in 2016? Because in 2015 I can only generate a 64-bit executable

.PL: You can't measure on a 3D PDF, it's to have the file at hand on site...

A priori we can measure:

https://helpx.adobe.com/fr/acrobat/using/measuring-3d-objects-pdfs.html#measure_3d_objects

After that, you have to test it and it's probably less practical than Edrawings, but it can work!

Hello friend from the north! :)

SOLIDWORKS products no longer support 32-bit (including eDrawings).

Microsoft also tends to eliminate 32bit more and more (this is normal in an era where even smartphones are 64bit).

Maybe it's my pragmatic side but:

Wouldn't the easiest thing be to just upgrade your colleague's operating system to 64Bits? a Windows x64 Pro "costs" 129€ and has been installed for many years on any pc (and I think you can find cheaper).

How long does it take to consider that you lost this amount while struggling because of your current problem?...

If change is not possible for other reasons...

The feature to open a 2016 file in SOLIDWORKS 2015 will indeed be back in SP5 (release announced in less than 15 days). it is therefore a possibility to generate an eDrawings in 32bit since SW2015. It's a bit twisted and it only delays the inevitable! We no longer use MS-DOS... :)

It is also possible to generate 3D pdfs from SOLIDWORKS and it is possible to measure on these documents as specified @.PL

The measurement functionality is available in the tools by right-clicking on the 3D (in an updated version of Adobe Acrobat Reader).

For cases where you want to share these 3D files online, you can also look at myCADservices Premium which offers a 3D sharing tool similar to eDrawings Pro in SAAS mode (in the cloud). This tool is therefore independent of the operating system and is accessible in many browsers:  no problem for 32bits or tablets & smartphones...

3 Likes

Hello and thank you for your answer dear neighbor to the north! The easiest way is of course to switch your PC to 64 bits, but as it calls on the IT department which will take several days to "react" and update the computer, we were looking for another way, but I think what we will do in the end.

The problem with the cloud is that on some construction sites, it doesn't have internet access (we had thought of a remote connection with a PC here but without internet...)

Thank you all for your answers!!

1 Like

And I'm from the North too!! :p

For the edrawings, I'm still under 2014, I hadn't paid attention to the version... Sorry

1 Like

I'm not from the north but I have an HP 64bit station for sale .... ;)