Configurable screws, how to change their codifications

Hello

I currently have a solidworks file of a configurable screw (a single file that contains several screw references, configurable according to the desired diameter and size).

These configurations have references and a particular codification that were good yesterday but today, while I want to change the codification, I can't do it.

I opened the excel file which contains all the configurations, but after changing the codification, when I come back to my screw, solidworks tells me a reconstruction error...

Could someone show me the procedure to follow?

(I'm attaching the file in question: I'd just like to replace "BM" with "FRT-M")

bm-00-screw_iso_4762.sldprt

Hello

If by codification you are talking about personalized properties. In a part family, the column should have the following name: $PROPRIETE@Property_Name

Then in each row of this column you enter the value of this property.

I can't open your room right now.

Here is an example of a screw in SW2015.

vis_pouce_h.sldprt
1 Like

Yes, that's what I did, I modified my coding on this whole column, but when I come back to solidworks, I get an error message saying that a function could not be rebuilt...

I was able to make the modification quickly since your table is well done. ;-)

Is that it?

bm-00-screw_iso_4762.sldprt

with SW14, I didn't have any particular problem.

Like Remrem, the picture is well done.

to make the change: ConfigurationManager/tables/button to "part family", "edit part family", change BM to FRT-M in column 15.

Thank you remrem, except that I'm still in 2013, I can't open your file. :/

I made the changes on column 15, I click on save, I close the excel and when I select a configuration, there is a rebuild error...

I think it's the way you edit/save the file that plays ("I click save, I close the excel").