Visualize your photoview?

Hello, a simple question while waiting to run a rendering under photoview ... I'm a regular at Photoview and I admit that I have a hard time getting into Visualize. What are the advantages and disadvantages of visualizing compared to photoview? Do we have that many possibilities? Is the quality of the renderings inferior or superior? ... If you can give me feedback on your experience? ... Thank you;) Cdt.

Hello

Like you, I had a hard time putting it to Visualize. However, I only see advantages:

1. Quality of renderings.
  2. Possibilities that seem more important to me
  3. SW independent application. This allows you to work under SW.
  4. Independent file. Which allows you not to pollute your 3D SW with superfluous appearance and textures for the design.
2 Likes

Thank you for your feedback Remrem; I'm going to take advantage of this period of teleworking to get started alos ... ;)

And yes, that's what makes me think about getting started when I see the calculation time of the renderings and as you say, during a photoview rendering, you can no longer use solidworks ...

But you're welcome.
Feel free to come back if you have any questions. ;-).
Have a nice day.

1 Like

Hello dear @fab camp

Visualise is better than Photoview because it is faster and above all easier to set up.  To help you with Visualise you can search for all the tutorials on Bunkspeed (because Visualise is none other than an ad-Inn integrating bunkspeed.) There is a PDF user manual and for learning how to visualize.

The very, very big disadvantage of Visualize is that you are condemned to pay for SW maintenance "ad vitam aeternam" because it is a free bonus but linked to maintenance. Or buy the Pro version (which costs a quarter of an arm). If no maintenance more visualize.  :(  :(      The PRO version allows you to make films with moving parts.

If you don't render all day long, then use Photoview, for which there is a 558-page book with CD inside, published by DSsolidworks.

If you render at will, then get MODO 14.1 which is fully compatible with SW. For the record, it's simple reason that the latest versions of Photoview 360 are actually a Light version of Modo. Modo has been supplanted by Bunkspees aka  visualize because it is simpler. Indeed,  very few companies do real rendering and when they do it it subcontracts to dedicated software (3DSmax and others)
There is compatibility between Modo and SW with full compatibility of all downloadable skins and also the ability to export SW files to Modo if you rig frequently. There was a Modo-SW addon that allowed an easy bridge between the two software, I used it a few years ago

Wouala!    ;-)

Kind regards

1 Like

Thank you for all these details Zozo, The renderings I make, are especially for customers depending on the type of product, so that he projects himself better. I've already heard about modo, which yes is a hell of a beast in my eyes, but I don't think it's interesting for us to acquire it, yes, the renderings are of a superior realism, something crazy, cinema quality.... We are already in SolidWorks maintenance with Visualize, and I think the basic version should be enough.

1 Like

Hello

Visualize is a great toy! To see what it has under the hood, I offer you several articles, testimonials and online tutorials that will give you an idea:

SOLIDWORKS Visualize tutorials :

Have a good day:)

2 Likes

Thank you also Clémentine for your feedback, Have a good day everyone! ;)

Please.

Personally and in view of the feedback from our SW fan experts, I will say that there is no "PHOTO" (have the effects of the confinement? haha):

Visualize wins the fight by a wide margin! 

1 Like

Well yes I think Clementine, usually you never answer me ;)) HAHA 

Good morning,

By the way, where is the download/installation done, because I don't find it the most visible / practical on the site.

Kind regards

@Fab camp, I hadn't been on the site for several years.

But this year I'm coming back to it, as you've seen in the last few weeks:)

I'm not a technical person but I can bring you the best technical content written by our experts, I do.

@FUZ3D if the question is about this Visualize, SOLIDWORKS Visualize Standard is provided free of charge with any active maintenance contract for SOLIDWORKS Professional or SOLIDWORKS Premium CAD software.

After Visualize Pro and Boost, a license of Visualize Boost is provided free of charge with every active maintenance contract to Visualize Professional.

Visualize Info: https://www.visiativ-solutions.fr/solidworks-visualize/

Everything is fine so I'm in standard :)

Thank you Clementine for this additional information.

@clémentine; in that case, happy to see you again! ;)

Hello @FUZ3D and @Clémentine

Small clarification:  At the time of installation, you must have the Visualize key, which is not the same as the SW -cad license required for activation.

It is your preferred VAR that provides you with the key with the download link.

Kind regards

Perso visualize was installed automatically with solidworks for my part ... ha yes I just edited because I hadn't seen your entire comment clementine ...

By the way, it is not possible to delete a message that has already been posted?