Virtual Volume Creating System Pressure Drops Flow Simulation Solidworks

Hello

I am trying to model the incoming flow of a double-flow plant to calculate the pressure drops due to the different elements present in the airflow.

In my air circuit, part of the flow passes through an exchanger which creates pressure drops, the value of which I know (150Pa).

I would therefore like to know if it was possible to create a virtual volume allowing air to pass through (representing the exchanger) and apply a singular pressure drop to it. 

Thank you in advance,

Thomas.

Do you have to model your power plant

and your exchanger

Subject that interests me well

@+ ;-)

1 Like

I have modeled my power plant well, all that is missing is the exchanger.

However I don't know the interior geometry of the exchanger at all, and I think that this geometry is very complex. That's why I wanted to know if it was possible to model it very simply and define the pressure drop of the exchanger myself.

Finally, to model the pressure drop due to the exchanger, I made a cross-section reduction involving a pressure drop equivalent to 150Pa. So this model is wrong but that's all I've found so far.

I will do tests on the real plant and check the results obtained by flow simulation. 

Thomas

Hello

By creating a solid "canister" and indicating boundary conditions for entry and exit, you will be able to do what you want.

@+ 

1 Like

@Coyote What boundary conditions would you put on? When you say a solid canister are you talking about a solid that lets air through?

Thomas

yes you create a part that will create your pressure drop

a diaphrasm, a perforated grid etc...

Show us your piece you want to study 

You will be more easily given an orientation to create this said pressure drop

@+

Hello!

I'm attaching some screenshots a little cobbled together with paint and the STEP file. The airflow is represented by the blue lines. The solid in red represents the exchanger for which I want to apply a pressure drop of 150Pa.

Thomas.

forum.zip