Other position view

In a drawing view when I add "other position", the latter is in a mixed hyphen.

I would like to be able to manage the type of stroke but also and above all to be able to assign another color.

I can't find in the options or manage this setting, anyone have an idea?

2014-07-29-_vue_autre_position.jpg
1 Like

Have you broken the alignment of the part, with the mother piece? It thus becomes completely independent and you can modify it as you wish without affecting the other parts (wireframe, edge, shadow etc ... )

1 Like

Hello

As indicated in the source, this is not possible directly, so you have to change the layer of this view from the Tree manger.

On the other hand, they talk about a bug that changes the display for the views in another position when you place it on a new slap!

So a priori it's not possible!

https://forum.solidworks.com/message/313007

The simplest: make a DWG and modify it...

2 Likes

I had thought of assigning a layer to this "other position", however I did not find in the properties of this view the definition of a new layer.

1 Like

The first said:

"You might need to pre-select the components that are in a different position in the Alternate View (use the feature tree or the graphic area) and move them to a new layer."

'You need to preselect the component that is in the other position view (use the tree or graphics area) and move it to a new layer"

The second says:

"I have selected a sub assembly from the feature tree and used "component line font" and changed the layer. It works! but the bug you metioned comes into play"

"I selected a subassembly from the arb and used "Component Line Font" and changed the layer. It works, but the graphic bug you mentioned appears": the room goes shaded, so it doesn't work!

5 Likes

From this menu you can change the layer:

http://help.solidworks.com/2014/french/solidworks/sldworks/HIDD_COMPONENT_FONT.htm

He then defaulted all the line styles (only the new layer?) and it works!

1 Like

Hello

There's also if you're in SW2014, the ability to convert the view in another position to a sketch block and there you'll have your block in the selected layer and you can manage your colors and stroke type.

@+

2 Likes

Re

Another solution is to put the view in another layer (right click from the feature manager).

Then hide one of the components of this view (always right click in the feature manager), there a recalculation is created and all the strokes of the view are recalculated and pass into the color and type of stroke of the layer.

@+

2 Likes

Thanks for the info.

I did a test on one of my MEPs, and it works!!!!

(See attachment)

2014-07-29_couleur_autre_position_mep.docx
2 Likes