Views of a drawing changed without user intervention

Hello

When the drawing of a sheet metal was opened, the views changed without any intervention on my part.

Let me explain, for example the "left" view has changed to the "back"  view.

When I open the "view palette", if I update it, the views return to normal in the view palette but not in the drawing.

See below the screenshots:

Image 1, while opening the file (not updated, the views are still correct)

image 2, after opening and updated (the views are bad and offset)

Image 3, View Palette Not Updated

Image 4, View Palette After Updating

Do you have a solution?

Also, if it can be a track, the view palette doesn't work anymore (clicking doesn't open it, as if I wasn't doing anything) when I open the file in 3D.

Solidworks version: Premium 2019 SP 2.0

img1234.jpg

Hello

Maybe I'm kicking an open door... but if there has been no modification of the 3D, only the configuration of the document can explain its "movements" of views.

I'm thinking directly of the transition from Europe to USA in the properties of the sheet, which reverses the direction of projection of the projected views?

capture.png

Thank you for your help but that's not it, I'm still in Europe...

I tried to "update standard views" in 3D, it doesn't affect my views.

I just tried to reinsert a new view in the MEP: it's different from the previous one (it corresponds to what I want actually), see PJ:

I think I'm good at redrawing all my configurations...

bug_mep.jpg

It's weird, it feels like a redefinition of the views in the room. Try to put the original views back in the room (4th icon from the left, menu called by the default space bar):

1 Like

I tried, no change either...

Nevertheless, I found a difference between the two "drawing views".

The view that "bugs" (and all those that have "bugged") does not have an "Orientation" tab, so it is projected from another view, see in PJ (view that has changed on the left, new view on the right).

I don't know what this means, maybe there was a bad handling by the former cartoonist and he deleted the "parent" view? It doesn't explain the sudden change of orientation but it would explain why I can't change the views manually anymore?

difference.jpg

On a projected view, you can right-click/go to the parent view. This will already make it possible to know if it still exists.

1 Like

The parent view no longer exists (I don't have the option when I right-click).

So, contrary to my previous answer, you can try to redefine the view of the model (3rd icon of the capture) so that it matches.

1 Like

Same result, it modifies my new inserted views but not the one that has changed and is causing problems...