Worgroup PDM Problem Overview Window

Hello,I

have a PDM 2014 installed on a Windows Server 2008 R2 server and everything works perfectly! 
When I access it with the Workougroup PDM explorer you can archive, rename, delete, do everything perfectly!
Just one thing doesn't work anymore: The "Preview Window" in PDM Explorer!

When I right-click on an object and click on the "preview window", the window is blank, gray..
I already had the problem, I had done a complete reconstruction of the safe and the problem was solved, but now after several rebuilds it still doesn't work..

Do you have an idea?

Thank you for your help

Hello

He has tried to repair the installation of Edrawings!

See the uninstall and the resin.

Does the preview work in SolidWorks Eplorer or SolidWorks (PDM Workgroup add-in)?

You can also update Edrawings, SolidWorks Explorer and SolidWorks: what are the version (year) and SP?

Hello

Thank you for your answer.

The preview works in solidworks Explorer (for example if I have a part on my local disk there OK).

However, it doesn't work in PDM Workgroup. I'm leaning more towards a problem on the PDM server rather than an Edrawing problem. I may be wrong..

Otherwise version level:

Solidworks 2014 SP5.0 Edition Education

Solidworks  2014 SP5.0 Build 0077 Add-in

Solidworks Workgroup PDM 2014 SP5.0 Build 0077

The versions are well up to date.

You can try renaming the following registry key:

HKEY_Current_User\Software\Solidworks\Solidworks 2009\PDMWorks Workgroup\PreviewDialog

in "PreviewDialog_OLD" for example.

Source: https://forum.solidworks.com/thread/27941

But I maintain that the problem may come from Edrawings! If there are multiple versions, uninstall some of them, and repair the one corresponding to the version of SolidWorks explorer.

Alternatively, you can also try to update SolidWorks Explorer by opening it, then click on the info button, and do the update.

Hello

I tried to change the registry key on a client workstation, nothing helps!

In addition I tried the uninstallation and reinstallation of Edrawing, I still have the same problem...

In Solidwork explorer, the preview works great to display an object that is on my local disk but also for an object that is on the PDM!

It's really in Solidwoks itself, in the PDM Workgroup add-in that the preview doesn't work and only for objects stored on the PDM. That's crazy!

I have 20 client workstations that use the same PDM and the 20 had the same problem at the same time it seems weird to me that the 20 had the same bug

Small simple question, are the graphics card drivers up to date?

We can check here:

http://www.solidworks.fr/sw/support/videocardtesting.html

And the uninstallation of Edrawings was done completely? Weren't there two versions at the same time?

And are you on a dual screen?

And why not a screenshot of the problem? That I better understand this one

In fact there is no solution, it is a known problem of SolidWorks reported under the SPR bug number 892443:

Description:Workgroup PDM add-in within SolidWorks causes Task Pane's File Explorer Preview Window to be black / blank.

Technical comments : Problem replicated in Workgroup 2015 Sp3 and Workgroup 2015 Sp2.1 using Windows Server 2008r2 x64. To replicate issue: 1. Start SolidWorks with Workgroup add-in turned on 2. In Task Pane > File Explorer tab rmb on a file and choose 'Preview Window' File will show as black. Screenshot in file named 'PreviewWindow.png'. Note Thumbnail is ok, but Preview is black. NOTE: When Workgroup add-in is turned off 'Preview Window' works OK.

No solution currently ("Fixed: none"), you can subscribe by following this link (you must be logged in to your SolidWorks account) to find out when it will be solved:

https://customerportal.solidworks.com/eservice_enu/start.swe?SWECmd=InvokeMethod&SWEMethod=GotoRecord&SWEService=SWGotoRecord&ViewName=SW+All+Defects+List+customerportal+-+Search&BusObject=Product+Defect&BusComp=Product+Defect&Id=1-3SEUAAV&SRN=

2 Likes

here is a screenshot of my problem when I open an object stored on the PDM

pdm.png

Here's another screenshot that shows that it works when I open an object that is stored on my local disk:

local.png