2 pieces of sheet metal with unfolded condition conflict

Hi all

Having not found a solution to my problem for a few days, I come to ask you my question.
I am currently working on the design of doors (interior, offices, etc.). Solidworks models previously existed in my company.

I noticed that some models had a very particular conflict.
The frame (the outer part around the door that houses the door) is made up of three pieces of folded sheet metal, not attached.
These three parts are then drilled and/or punched.

The problem arises once some parts are unfolded, which is a problem for my drawing:
Two parts distinguished in design, sheet metal and volume have the same unfolded state name and the same bend and visualization cube lines.

I redesigned one or two parts, taking care not to put a relationship between the three parts and isolating the drilling functions on their respective parts.

You will find attached an image illustrating my problem.

Thank you in advance.
Sincerely, everyone.

Etats dépliés de même nom avec les mêmes esquissesTôleries et conceptions différentes

lynkoa_aide_solidworks.rar

I'll look at this and get back to you;)

1 Like

If I understood your assembly correctly, I see that one of your amounts is a symmetry of the first one.

I often carry out this kind of splay.

I am used to making a symmetry of the uprights since they are in most cases, symmetrical.

On my drawing, I just indicate with an annotation to make a left and a right part in symmetry. Or even the same in symmetry.

It's just the bend lines that are reversed.

Is that your problem?

2 Likes

On the other hand, when creating my sashes or frames, I don't like to work in multibodies.

Usually, I work piece by piece and then put them together to make sure there are no problems.

I find that it simplifies the drawing afterwards.

2 Likes

They can have the same state name unfolded, as long as the filename is not the same, it doesn't cause any problems?

On the other hand, if it's 2 different sets on each image, as they have the same name, then yes there will be a problem.

But I may have misunderstood the pb.

edit: I misunderstood the PB... I just saw where it is: image unfolded state between the blue and yellow part... ok sorry.

For each component symmetry, they must be named with proper names

right and left pillar and re-dimensioned each element very distinctly 

And then you can create families of parts that include the sash and the frame whether it is right or left pull and this can be set via the size of the sash

if the refs are taken via the offset on the sash

you know everything

@+-))

1 Like

Nothing prevents you from renaming them, normally.

Indeed, the profile of my right pillar has a symmetrical sketch to that of the left. However, the problem is reflected in the crossmember which folds up after each save of my drawing (in the drawing) despite the fact that it is marked "Flat".
I am forced to work in multi-body in a single part, because the latter is controlled by a family of parts via Excel.
The real problem is why these folded parts end up sharing the same unfolded state and the same visualization cubes and fold lines. They are linked when the state or display state is changed (configurations, drawing, etc.).

Why not just rename the unfolded states?

Double click slow on them and change their name. The same goes for the visualization cube

2 Likes

Even when I rename them, one ends up renaming the other (since they are considered the same at this point). 
Controlling via Excel is not a problem.
I'm going to try the gt22 solution, but I think I'll have to redesign everything. Indeed, even by going up, renaming the symmetries and receiving the elements one by one, the sheet metal will take over and keep these states unfolded.

And why is it embarrassing to have the same names? On the MEP it creates conflicts?

1 Like

@bart: since it's not the same part (blue and yellow) yes it must cause problems on the mep.

Does it unfold the two pieces when they have the same name?

I make this kind of frame,

It has symmetries, part configurations, and even multibody for the upright sides.

I make several sheets, where I detail the parts as well as some explanations for folding the parts in symmetry.

Edit: You say that you have symmetry, but that your 2 pieces are different?

cadre.png
1 Like

Yes, when one is unfolded the other is either unfolded or no longer appears in the MeP.

Can you send a line-up to go?

2 Likes

When I unfold one of the two parts, the unfolded state of the other becomes also active, but neither of them is really unfolded, only one of the two parts appears, and one of the two unfolded states is impassable, in constant reconstruction (traffic light next to it) and is impossible to remove momentarily.

Bart, you will find the composition to take with you attached.

porte_huiss._u.rar

Hello

I recovered your files in my SW2014 and don't understand your problem?

In the 3D I click your right amount I click on unfold and everything is ok?

@+

EDIT: I spoke too fast indeed in the drawing the amount is not unfolded despite the "unfolded state" checked.

I unchecked and then re-checked this box and everything became OK again.

Hello and thank you all for your efforts.
Indeed, checking the box works from time to time, but after saving the drawing, one of the two pieces tends to fold up.

What I have a problem with in the end is why from a certain moment two unfolded states of two distinct pieces will find themselves sharing the same name and the same sketches, knowing that I have made sure not to put any relationship between these pieces, or very little.

I remade a model (partition and sheet metal only) yesterday and there I had no problem. Whereas two months ago, I also remade a model in the same way, and I had the problems that my predecessor had and that I submitted to you.