2013 sp5

Hello

question in warning....

I installed the SP5 of 2013 and it totally crashed my 2013 SP4.

Correlation I have the 2014 SP0 on the post.

Can those who installed it tell me if they have encountered any problems?

And for those who haven't, Be careful!

I can't tell you because I didn't install solidworks 2014SP0, so even if I install 2013SP5 I wouldn't be in the same configuration as you.

Sorry.

Hello SEPM. Gerald

I have the 2013 SP5 and the 2014 SP0 on my workstation and no problems with operation.

What do you mean by "totally planting"? Solidworks won't start?

Kind regards.

Did you install the SP5 by updating the SP4? Because I don't understand how the SP4 can crash by being switched to SP5.

That said, I have to switch my position to SP5 so I might wait a bit...

Hello

If I understand your question correctly, you have installed 2 SW2013 versions (SP4 and SP5)?

Why?

If this is the case, it is really not advisable (registry database, solidworks data, drilling database etc...).

In a pinch, it is tolerated 2 major versions, e.g. SW2013 in production and SW2014 for testing but duplicating the data for testing so as not to damage your files.

Kind regards

4 Likes

Hello @ All,

Why install several realease of the same version? It's quite a surprising approach. 

Why do you keep versions earlier than 2014?

Maybe that's precisely why it bugs, new releases are made to replace and correct previous versions.

Cédric.

1 Like

@SEPM

Hello

the installation of SP05 must be done in the form of an update of SP04.

As jmsavoyat says, you can install two different versions on the same workstation (2013 and 2014 for example) but having for each version a "SolidWorks Data 2013" folder and another "SolidWorks Data 2014" folder.

Regards.

Hello

I wasn't clear, I wanted to talk about an upgrade from SP4 to SP5

During the SP5 installation there was an error message.

When I restarted solidworks 2013, it didn't want to launch anymore because of a corrupted file problem.

By checking in the software configuration (removal of Windows program) I was still in SP4

I restarted the installation of the SP5 and still the same problem.

I had to reinstall from the DVD to get the missing files that are not downloaded in the updates.

@Cedric

Why do I keep several versions of solidworks=> I have several clients who have different versions

on my post I have 2011, 2013, and 2014

then I checked that you can't install on a workstation 2 upgrades in different places

@echaumet

I have my folders that are separate, otherwise I would have toolbox problems.

If we let SW do what we have:

SOLIDWORKS DATA

Solidworks Data (2)

Solidworks Data (3)

To find your way around, it's true that the named with the year C is very good

Does it work now?

What exactly is your error message?

Kind regards.

@rmorel

Yes, it works, but I had to clean up my files.

I didn't exactly notice the error message, but it was a matter of a file version that was too recent.

Basically, the SP5 upgrade didn't want to be done completely and at the cost of solidworks didn't launch anymore.

When updating SP4 vesr SP5, I had already installed SW 2014 SP0. It didn't cause me any problems, without any particular manipulation.

However, we share our file folder for drilling support and toolbox. Only the "SolidWorks Data" folder for SW 2014 is on my hard drive.

Do you only have one position with SW in your company?

Kind regards.

Yes, I am in a single position (one-man band, employee, boss, draftsman, after-sales service, secretary, sweeper, etc...)

I just tilted that the toolbox is normally compatible with any version, if I'm not mistaken, it would only be steps. On the other hand, in Data there are a large number of parameters related to the version.

I'm going to check a small point on the path of the settings (placed on another physical ssd disk) that the maintenance had created for the drawings etc.