Access to certain functions

Hello

I work with Soliworks 2011, 64 bits

For some time now when opening my files, I have been receiving the following warning:

Could not load Solidworks DLL:
GdtAnalysisSupport.dll

After several successive deletions of the message, I finally have access to my drawing.

In addition, I note the furtive and successive opening of the recent drawings of parts relating to the assembly in the process of opening.

On the other hand, when the assembly is open (today's surprise ), some functions (e.g. linear repetition) are inaccessible.

Despite my successive reconstructions, nothing helps.

Can someone inform me about this problem

Thank you in advance

Larghetto

1 Like

Look at the free range on your hard drive

You may have - 15% free

@+ ;-)

2 Likes

Hello, thank you for your answer

space used 131 GB
Free space 241 GB
Capacity 372 GB

Given these data, I don't think the problem comes from that

Looking for the cause, I just realized that the repeat function works when opening a part, and not for assemblies

1 Like

you can explain a little more

You bet

of repetitions that walks on a piece

and that doesn't work in assemblies

in the assemblies they must at least that's how I proceed

insert the part x times and not repeat it

by repeating it you have a part times x that your nomenclature does not see

on the other hand when you insert x times the same part it sees x parts

@+

1 Like

Solidworks freezes or gives access to functions (extrusion, recess, repetition, chamfer etc...) when the conditions required for the execution of the function are met.

It's obvious when you want to extrude and the sketch is not compliant

I don't focus on repetition, and I know that we don't use this function at the stage of the piece, but what concerns me, I open an assembly that has no defects, I don't have any other part or assembly open, and I see that if I want to practice the repetition of a part of my assembly, I don't have access to this function, in the drop-down  some functions are frozen: extrusion, shell, linear repeat

If I agree with the extrusion and the shell, I don't agree with the repetition

1 Like

shows a screenshot

and explain well I don't understand your request

or your file since you're in 2011

you want to repeat a function in a part of an assembly

you just have to open your room and make this repetition in the part

and above all don't forget to save this modification in your assembly but also in your part 

so you will have a share with a modification but it will keep its name

@+ ;-)

1 Like

On the other hand, if I come back to the practice of repetition, I have never had any inconsistency between the number of pieces repeated and the quantity announced on the nomenclature.

I always thought that repetition lightened the weight of drawing, which led me to this practice.

It's only with symmetrical components that I'm wary.

Disagree?

@+

1 Like

Hello

It's normal... These are functions that apply on a part and not in an assembly unless you edit the part in the assembly... The only one that works in an assembly is the removal of material because it can be shared in several rooms...  

2 Likes

Attached screenshot

The assembly is open, I don't have access to the rehearsal

cpi_ecr_escu_vbr.jpg
1 Like

What is this delirium,

I must be aging seriously...

Here I am unable to make a repetition in an existing assembly

However in the screenshot you can see that before my problem,  I have already done at least 2

(local linear repetition 1 and 2)

1 Like

Have you tried a repair of the software??? By doing:

Control Panel\All Control Panels\Programs and Features then right click on solidworks and modify then Repair the individual installation (on this computer)

1 Like

Hello

Yes, do a repetition in the assembly.

See printed screen or insert=>repetition of components=>linear repetition.

may the force be with you.

3 Likes

Hello

If you go through the Insert text menus, do you have access to the functions that interest you?

I have the impression that you have configured your icons and that you have put the functions of the part mode in the assembly mode....

I'm probably wrong because you would have had this problem for a long time but if you ever did this recently it may be an explanation.

So try to see if everything is OK by going through the Insert menu or by displaying the View/toolbar/ tabs and check command manager to see if the icons are active here.

@+

2 Likes