Accessing the Property Editor

Hi all 

I've often used the property editor, I'm working with SLDW version 11 (not cracked)

Today when I try to open the property editor to change cartridge settings, a window announces:

Property Tab Builder has stopped working 

then the message: Window is looking for a solution to the problem....

A drop-down line goes from left to right in 5 seconds and the window disappears.

What to do...??

Thank you in advance for your answers 

Larghetto

Hello

Have you checked if Windows has made an update that creates a malfunction with Solidworks??? See if you have a System Restore point.

Thank you for your answer

A restore point, hum it reminds me of XP, I'm on window 10 and switched to 64 bits 

What is the way to find this restoration point? 

I come back to the subject 

Solidworks works properly 

It's just the property editor that doesn't work anymore 

Watch and see

Control Panel\All Control Panels\Recovery\Open System Restore.

http://www.lynkoa.com/actualites/solidworks/alerte-info-probl%C3%A8mes-solidworks-rencontr%C3%A9s-apr%C3%A8s-la-mise-%C3%A0-jour-de-microsoft

The property editor is not related to Windows??? I have a doubt now...

Hello

Have you been on windows 10 for a long time?

Maybe a compatibility problem?

See http://www.cadware-education.fr/education/boite-a-outils/trouver-sa-licence/15628-windows-10-et-solidworks

Kind regards

3 Likes

I agree with d.roger, if it is indeed the 2011 version it is not compatible with Windows 10 (this operating system did not exist at that time).

The first version to be compatible if I'm not mistaken is the 2015 SP5, the rest no guarantee of stability.

3 Likes

Hello and thank you for your answers 

I work fine with the SLDW 11 version on windows 10 

I switched to window 10 last November

when I stopped XP and recorded the 64-bit SLDW 11 DVD

Tab builder worked until now 

I don't understand 

So look for the latest Windows updates.

1 Like

Try to put in SW in compatibility mode because as deit previously WINDOWS 10 did not exist when SW 2011 was released

2 Likes

Hello

Also try to put the PropertyTabBuilder.exe in compatibility mode since it can be launched independently of SW.

Kind regards

Thank you all for your solutions or proposals  , I am closing the subject, unfortunately without result .

I'm going to work the old way to find an old XP and reload my version under XP to take advantage of the editor and when I have my different cartridge format files configured, I'll work again with Window

I can't cough up 4 or 5,000 euros to Solidworks to please them

sorry that they are not on the same planet as the craftsmen

Thank you again

Larghetto