Enable the soldering environment

Hello

In one of my assemblies, I would like to add fillet weld seams (not simple weld seams) but here's the thing, the option is not present at all.

In my previous assemblies, I had no problems, I had this option and I used it several times.

After research, it seems to me that it is because my "Soldering Environment" is not activated.

So I would like to know if this is it? Or if not, what is the solution?

Thank you!

Hello

Have you tried inserting your weld seams by Insertion/Assembly Function/Weld Seam...?

Hello

I think it has to be a welded construction piece:

Insertion > Welded Constructions > Mechanically Welded Element

The weld seams seem to work even without mechanically welded parts (see image).

What order do you place to insert your weld seams?

screenshot1436.jpg
1 Like

Yes I know this type of solder but it's not what I want to insert, find attached the two different types of solder.

The problem is that one of the types of welds (Fillet weld) is not always active, I would like to know why and how to activate it?

"Normal" welding:

Desired welding:

The "fillet weld beads" (green logo giving volume bodies) are only found at the level of a part, the "weld beads" (yellow logo giving only a representation of the seam) are found in parts and assemblies.

4 Likes

Hello

In looking for exactly the answer to your problem, I found a somewhat unconventional solution to obtain fillet welds and not weld seams.

1/ I created each of my welded parts

2/ I have created a part in which I have inserted each of the parts composing my welded assembly and positioned according to the desired criteria.

3/ I have activated the Welded constructions tab

4/ Insert  fillet weld bead (added in the manual menu because invisible as standard but accessible by the drop-down menus

> enter your choice of cord type

5/ The parts cannot be modified in the welded part (derived parts).

but the interaction of modification of a part is kept in the welded part (change of dimensions, etc. link preserved)

Features created in the welded part are not carried over to the base parts.

The disadvantage, I haven't found how to make a bill of materials for welded parts.

This may be your solution!

1 Like