Activate a license on an activated workstation

We recently purchased a solidwork2016 license and installed it on a workstation that had the 2014 version.

He asks us to validate manually using the attached file. Can you tell us the markdowns to follow?

swactivaterequest_90000098997447426nxncf77_bd867cfdd98b2dbc.txt

To do this, go to the control panel.

In "Programs and Features", click on Solidworks and press "Edit"

He will ask you for a key. Bring in the new one and move on.

1 Like

Hello

If it is a computer connected to the internet, the best solution is to activate it via the internet.

On the other hand, if this is not your case, you must indeed follow the procedure described in the attached pdf.

activation_et_transfert_de_licence_solidworks.pdf
3 Likes

Hello

I think you installed the 2016 on the 2014? It can create interference. The easiest way is to make a silly look at the 2014 settings if it still works or maybe you have already done it and uninstall it entirely from the 2014 and do a full installation from the 2016.

Regards Manu

1 Like

Agree with @Azrod, in his procedure on page 6.

In the activation window, you created this file with the Save button

You have to send your file to activation@solidworks.com, the activation server, will send you a file by reply to the email, the file will be called: swactivateresponse_....

You have to take this file and in the activation window, you have to click on open.

Everything is described at the end of page 6 of @Azrod's document

Have a nice day

Mick

3 Likes

There is one thing that escapes me: why install a 2nd license on a workstation that already has one?

@stefbeno: As I understand, this is not a second license but the purchase of a 2016 update for his license