Displaying Datum Axes in an Assembly

Hello

On Solidworks 2012, I would like to display my reference axes in my assemblies, but when I click on "show/hide tree objects", you can't choose whether or not to show the axes, and I can't find where to select this option.

Thank you.

In the View menu, you have to uncheck "hide all types"

and select axes

axe.png
1 Like

First of all, your reference axis must be shown. It then appears in green in the tree. Then you have to show the axes: Display/Axes. If you don't have access to the latter option, uncheck Show/Hide All Types.

screenshot442.jpg
2 Likes

I specified it incorrectly, I want the ref axis folder in the tree to be displayed. By checking axes I don't see the folder in the tree. When I create a part it appears but when I create an assembly it is not there.

A little screenshot please?

2 Likes

Here is the screen print. In the room, the backrest Axxes_Ref and in the assembly it is not.

probleme_axe.jpg
1 Like

I don't think it's possible to display such a folder at the top in an assembly.

If the part is in the assembly, it has access under the part (you have to develop it with the most).

3 Likes

I don't really understand: you are showing an assembly that does not contain your part with the backrest?!?

Once your part is inserted into the assembly, you will have to scroll down the tree of the part with the + to see this folder. If you still don't see your folder, right-click on the first row of the assembly / Tree View/Show Features (see image).

screenshot443.jpg
3 Likes

I don't want to have the axes of my part but the reference axes of my assembly. In some assemblies that I have retrieved, this "Axes_Ref" folder appears below "origin", but when I create an assembly it does not appear. Whereas it appears when I create a piece.

1 Like

It's definitely related to your models. In the part model you must have this folder, and not in the assembly model (or more if older assemblies have it!).

So you need to modify your assembly model to redo this folder and your axes. Your future assemblies will have these elements.

3 Likes

Agree with Benoit.LF :

The document templates need to be modified, see here:

http://help.solidworks.com/2012/French/SolidWorks/sldworks/Document_Templates.htm

Or here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzYDGFzLZgM

2 Likes

Hi, if that's what I think, you have created one or more ref axes in your assembly and you are trying to find them in your room! To do this, before creating the ref pins in the assembly, you have to edit the part in question and insert the axes into it, forcing them to the assembly! and normally we find them afterwards!

Off-topic or not?

1 Like

You have to create a part that contains only the reference axes and then you can display, hide or edit it as you wish.

Indeed it must be a problem with the plan template, but in document property, I can't find how to display my axes in the tree. Any ideas?

The easiest way would be to compare your model for assemblies and parts!

1 Like

I think you have to recreate them by Insertion/Reference Geometry/Axes, then select them in the tree and right-click "Add to new folder".

Edit 11:29: See image

screenshot444.jpg
3 Likes

In your assembly you make new axes identical to the ones in the part and they will appear in the assembly tree!

2 Likes

In fact, you have to modify your document template and it can't be found in the document properties!

When you make a new assembly, create your folder and put the plans there, then save-sub-document template:

http://help.solidworks.com/2013/french/SolidWorks/sldworks/t_creating_a_template.htm

3 Likes