Hatch display

Hello to you.

Is it possible to display hatching when I cut a part ? I know that in the drawing it's possible.

I would like it to be seen on a part  (*.sldprt file).

Thank you for your feedback.

Lucbirus

Hello, you can possibly put a color\appearance on the faces of the cut after having removed material to simulate the cut.

I hope I have succeeded in making myself understood:) 

To sum up, you remove material on half of the part and then on the surface so create you put an appearance.

Kind regards

G.

yes I understood, it's indeed doable, but there's no way to have that without making this real cut?

Unfortunately I don't think so because apart from offering a choice of colors, there are no other options.

For what purpose would you like to do this??  

Ps: I'm going to do a test and I'll get back to you.

edit: Otherwise you make the cut on the drawing and then you put the "edges in shaded image mode" view in the property manager.

Kind regards

capture.jpg
3 Likes

In fact, when I send screenshots, I would like the hatching of the cuts to appear, so that the person who sees the photos understands that it is a cut.

Hello, like what I did in the screenshot of my previous post!?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit, given the complexity of the following answers, you might as well go through the drawing! It's faster and simpler in the end! Well, it's up to you.

G.

If you want to do it in the 3D view (I think it's to save time so you don't have to go through the drawing), you can't (it seems to me) put hatching. On the other hand, you can put a color (And tell the mechanic, in orange it's the cut!)

And to do this, you say in the settings to keep the color and further down you can edit the color.

------------------------------------------------------------

(I saw the answer below, I agree that it works, but it's way too slow. At that point, you might as well go through a drawing...)

2 Likes

Hello Lucbirus, the ideal for your case would be to use the material removal to make the cut of your part instead of used seen in section.

Then select the surfaces you want hatched and you make a new sketch.

On this new sketch click on hatched/fill area, and you select the type of hatching you want to validate.

Finally, without leaving the sketch in progress you take your screenshot and it should give you something like this (see attachment).

I hope I was able to help you:)

coupe__hachurage.jpg
2 Likes

Of course it's not the fastest ^^", but given its problem I can only see this way without going through drawing.

2 Likes