Displaying bend lines on a mep press

Hi all

I work with SW 2019 SP4.

I designed a sheet metal tank with a welded tube frame around it.

I noticed that you can no longer display the bend lines of a sheet metal part (in a mep) without activating the visibility of the sketches (with the display options).

With SW 2013 and even maybe 2015 there was an option in the properties of the developed views that allowed you to show or hide these lines independently of the sketches.

The problem is that by displaying the sketches we also make the sketches of the welded mechanic appear in the other views, which I don't want. My colleague and I have reviewed a lot of forums and tried all the possible options in SW without finding a solution. Has anyone had the same problem and above all has he managed to solve it or is it something specific to the software that cannot be solved? In this case, programmers, please put this option back in your next versions because it was very practical.

Thank you all for your contributions.

Well, I'll answer for myself.

Things are sometimes more than curious because after spending hours searching I come across the solution 3 minutes after posting my question.

All you have to do is activate the display of all the sketches (with display option) in the mep and hide the welded machine sketches, frame by frame, by going to the part creation tree which is located in the tree of drawing views (left window). Right-click on the sketch and hide. We had tried in the room itself but it didn't work.

Thank you to myself. :-)

1 Like

Yes, it's that or else hidden in the room before creating the drawing.

In addition, it lightens the display of your 3D from hiding the sketches as you progress.

The more plans and sketches Solidworks displays, the heavier you add to it.

But once the drawing is done, you have found the solution.

Bjr Sbadenis,

For our part, hiding the sketches in the creation tree of the part didn't work, even before the creation of the mep.

It's a solution that we have tried but it doesn't work. We are used to hiding them and it doesn't change anything.

The main thing is that now it works.

Thank you for your contribution.