Display number of bend lines

Hello

I have a small problem with the Transition Fold tool in Sheet Metal from Soliworks 2011. Even if I change the number of bend lines, they don't display correctly, as the number remains constant. What should I do to fix this problem?

Thank you for your help. 

??? Can you attach the file or an example?

Thank you

1 Like

This is a simple sheet metal piece...

capture.png

We agree that you will only see your fold lines in unfolded state!

2 Likes

I was just going to answer like thomas, you have to ask for the "unfold" state to see the folding lines.

ligne_pliage.png
1 Like

After a little test, everything works at home,

On the image, on the left I chose 3 lines per fold, on the right 20.

tremie.jpg
1 Like

Sorry, but I have the pb at the level of the unfolded state. I asked for 4 lines of folding and yet nothing changed (see screenshot2)

capture2.png

Here's an example

exemple.avi
2 Likes

Can you send your file?

Let's take a look at it

1 Like

Do you have the same number of elements in the 2 sketches? It seems to me, in your screenshot2, that this is not the case.

1 Like

I tested the file on another PC where SW 2010 is installed. Everything works fine, but at home, nothing even after changing the sheet metal settings (options/tab, properties of the document) without any result.

Thank you Thomas for your help

pli_de_transition.sldprt
1 Like

Indeed, with your part, everything is displayed correctly on my computer.

Is this issue related to this file only? Do you have any other parts on which you can see the bend lines? If your colleague creates a part like yours, do you see the bend lines? You should try to cross the shots to see if it's your SW version that is at fault. You said that you were in SW2011, what service pack?

Coedialement

2 Likes

Hello

It's weird, your part reminds me of a part I have on a Japanese machine, is that the case?

Hello

I have the fold lines with your file

(SW 2013)

ditto for my par

see attached on SW 2012

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/7425/w807.png

The number of free folds is 4

but if you visualize the real number of folds  is 10

@+ ;-)