Specific display modified dimension drawing

Hello, Would there be an option to display directly on the drawing the dimensions whose value has been modified? By highlighting them, for example.

I know that Solidedge integrates this possibility, but does solidworks do the same?

Thank you

Hello

Yes it is possible, see here:

To enable highlighting of changed dimensions:

1.  Click Options  Tool_Options_Standard.gif(Standard Toolbar) or Tools > Options.
  2. On the System Options tab , click Colors.
  3. Select Use Specified Color for Drawing Dimensions Changed on Open.
  4.  Click OK.

http://help.solidworks.com/2012/french/SolidWorks/sldworks/sra1301424502367_00007.htm

3 Likes

Hello, see attached file.

may the force be with you.

cote_couleur.docx
1 Like

Thank you for your quick feedback, I didn't use the right terms, I would like to highlight dimensions whose primary value has been modified in the drawing in order to know which dimensions were "hacked". This is done using the primary value of the dimension properties see attached photo

capture.jpg

Ok with us when we force the odds we are used to putting  * in front. Example *247.

May the force be with you

2 Likes

Hello

I don't know if that's what you want to do:

To add relationships between the 3D model and the plan: Annotation > Model Object > Validate

To edit a dimension manually: Left Click on the Dimension > Edit Dimension Value

To manually set dimensions to the same format as the objects in the drawing: Right click on the Dimension > Modify Layer > Format

If you want to differentiate the modified dimensions from those of the object, nothing prevents you from leaving them grayed out as in your photo, and  adding the others via "Model Object".

Hoping I was able to help you

Kind regards

1 Like

Thank you all for your feedback, so I think it's not possible to do what I want. OBI WAN's answer is the one I personally use, but I wanted a solution in case of a plan rework to avoid having to scan all the sides to know if they have been modified or not.

Enjoy WE

This will be possible with a macro!

It is also possible to create a layer for forced dimensions. In this way it is possible to disable all the layers and to leave active only the layer of the foced dimensions so on the plane only the forced dimensions remain .

cote_forcee.jpg

But you have to manually put each of the sides in the layer, right? 

Hello,

@.pl yes and no, I explain there are 2 solutions.solution 1  either as you say you put by hand the forced dimensions in the layer or solution 2 you activate the layer before laying the cutters this way the dimensions will  automatically go  on this layer.