Display SW 2013 X64

Hello 

I am having a problem after installing my SW 2014 version on my PC which is in 3840X2160 resolution. The display is extremely small, whether it's the lettering or the icons. Can you help me to have a readable display?

Thank you in advance.

Good evening

Regarding the size of the icons, perhaps the 2014 (or 2013??) version already offered this option to be accessed by right-clicking on a toolbar and then "customize... " :

Regarding the texts, it will depend on your operating system.

In Windows 10, there is this option. It doesn't only affect SW but it's better than nothing (you will have to restart SW to properly apply scaling to the majority of the program's texts).

Cdt

win10_ergonomie.png

Well no, my display remains of this size: unreadable, do you see another solution?

sw.jpg

Perhaps these explanations will be clearer than mine.

Kind regards

Change screen resolution

Question what is the size of your screen

@+

1. Description option
    Show tooltipsDisplays information when you hover over fields, options, or buttons in the user interface.
    Use maximized tooltipsWhen you select Show Tooltips, displays a short description with the tooltip. 
    Icon sizeSets button sizes as small, medium, or large. You can select the largest size when running SOLIDWORKS software on computers with high-resolution displays or to facilitate tool selection on touch interfaces. 
    For low-resolution displays, the software automatically adds scroll bars and resizes dialog boxes. 
    To make item selection easier on touch interfaces like tablets, you can also configure the larger size buttons by selecting the Button Size from the Options drop-down menu (Standard toolbar).

1. Description option
    Show tooltipsDisplays information when you hover over fields, options, or buttons in the user interface.
    Use maximized tooltipsWhen you select Show Tooltips, displays a short description with the tooltip. 
    Icon sizeSets button sizes as small, medium, or large. You can select the largest size when running SOLIDWORKS software on computers with high-resolution displays or to facilitate tool selection on touch interfaces. 
    For low-resolution displays, the software automatically adds scroll bars and resizes dialog boxes. 
    To make item selection easier on touch interfaces like tablets, you can also configure the larger size buttons by selecting the Button Size from the Options drop-down menu (Standard toolbar).

A thousand apologies I made a mistake my version of SW is a 2013. My screen is in 17", the display for everything is in 3840X2160. But Solidworks 2013 doesn't seem to want it, the display is really fly-legged. Even with the settings explained (icons and tooltips magnified), by putting the monitor setting different, I don't have any better.

Isn't it possible on Windows 10 to be able to launch a program with a different display, in addition to the settings of SW 2013?

Decrease display size

(screen resolution)

@gt22, yes it's a possibility, but it will also affect other apps which are worry-free.

graphics card +resolution, 3840X2160 is way too much in demand for a SW 2013, knowing that it's from 2015 that SW is compatible win10 if I remember correctly 

1 Like

Hello

Try changing the Solidworks DPI settings to be managed by the application (I haven't tried):

Otherwise if you don't want to change your screen resolution then change the version of Solidworks !!

For your information, Solidworks is compatible with Windows 10 since version 2015 SP5, see HERE.

Kind regards

2 Likes