Show sketch elements in a drawing

Hello 

I would like to know if it is possible to insert in a drawing elements of geometry present in one of the sketches of a part please?

Yes, in the drawing, you have to select the sketch and use the Convert Sketch Elements function

EDIT see PJ

convertir_les_entite.png

I'm probably a bit stupid but in the drawing I don't see the "Convert entities" tool. And for me, this function is used to create sketch lines based on the volume already present, right?

Edit: the message before was written without thinking, sorry. I think that in my case it will not work. I'm going to try to figure out how to make a sketch entity appear and disappear depending on the configurations.

Hello 

Do you want a sketch to be visible in the MEP or a part ??? If it's all of it, you make it visible in the room, then in the MEP and display==>show/hide==>sketch. And if not, you create a new sketch and select the parts of the other sketch that you want to display and have the entities converted, then exit the sketch and do as explained before...

No worries Roub25 the icon is not visible by default on the drawings on the other hand you can also see the solution of ac cobra 427 only disadvantage for my taste is that the sketch must be visible permanently.

Thanks anyway but I gave up because it's a circle appearing on a cross-sectional view so you can't see it if I draw it in 3D. So I'm going to draw it directly in the M.e.P. but I'll have to find out how to remove it for some configs

Show us an example, we can see what is feasible:)

MaD thank you for dwelling on my desperate case:)

This is typically the kind of situation I encounter:

On the drawing, I have a circle that is tangent to the edges of a cone. The latter can "open" so the angle of the cone can increase. And from a certain value, let's say the horizontal to make it easier, the ball is no longer used so I would like to remove it or:

If I build the circle in a 3D sketch, it is not represented on the view I am interested in because it is a cross-sectional view (yes it's bad luck, or just complicated?) so bad solution.

If I create a volume disk just to have it on my M.E.P. it's not viable.

And when I create this circle directly in the M.e.P., I can't see where it was created to turn it on or off...

And concretely this circle what  is it used for in your MEP?

1 Like

Create your circle in another sketch on the plan that interests you to fix it with sketch points for example

EDIT see PJ SW2016

cercle.sldprt

Unfortunately I'm on SW 2015 and I can't read your file, which would have been useful to me because I don't really see what you mean with sketch points.

GT22 is a control ball.

See PJ on the left the first sketch1 on the front plane with the sides and on the right view sketch 2 on the top plane which automatically follows the first sketch

cercle.png

Your ball Ø is tou_jours identical??? Otherwise you can create a ball part with just your sketch and make it appear and then make an assembly with your cone. Then you make your marble appear according to the configuration you want...

Or you make a block of the marble that you bring back as you want in your MEP

1 Like

MaD okay thank you for your explanation!

ac cobra 427 yes for a given item the ball always has the same Ø. Each product has its own control ball with a defined Ø. Very good idea the block because adding a volume entity just to use it in an M.e.P. for control in addition I don't like it too much...

I'm going to keep this option in a corner because here I tried to integrate the creation of my marble into my original macro and it should do it! There's just one thing, which is that when you change the name of a dimension in a sketch, the macro doesn't save it, I think. 

I'll keep you posted, thank you!