Ai of over-scanning

Hi all

My problem is the following on the attached photo I made a scan with a 3D sketch for the trajectory, I want to have a curve (green) rather than a straight line (red).

The profile (in blue) goes around a cylinder for 2 turns.

Does anyone have an idea how to do it.

Thank you in advance and bon appétit.

circuit_clim.jpg

Hello

Can you show us your 3D sketch of the trajectory?

1 Like

Hello

Logically you have to have a curved trajectory for the profile to follow a curve.

After that, you can use other functions than sweeping, such as winding for example.

It all depends on whether it's a rolled sheet metal that you have to unfold afterwards or if it doesn't matter.

Attached is my sketch, which is very simple.

I'm going to look at the winding function, and I don't need to unfold.

Thank you

circuit_clim_1.jpg

Why not "round" your sketch and draw a shape like the one you want (where you have the dimension of 220) instead of the two parallel segments?

2 Likes

Yes Martvy but how can I respect the roundness of my cylinder.

Finally I took Martvy's idea by creating a construction sketch of the cylinder on which the part is wound.

This allowed me to constrain the position of my curves see photo.

Well, she's not totally constrained, but that'll do.

Thank you all.

circuit_clim_2.jpg

I was thinking more about sketch leaves. But I just tried and it doesn't work....

If you don't want to bother with the sketch, you just have to put some leaves in the corners.

For the 2 inner corners, the radius of the fillet should be equal to half of your small segment and for the 2 outer corners, the radius of the fillet should be equal to half of your large segment.

Here I did it flat but it will work on your model.

Attached image

exemple.jpg

Hello Freeman_83,

Sorry but it doesn't work, my profile is not just a dish, it's a U.

We can put a leave of absence on the inside but not half, and on the outside we cannot.

Have a nice day.

Kind regards.

Okay, it's a U.

It's normal that it doesn't work. You have to take into account the thickness of your U.

Look at my example. Be careful, you will have to do the holidays in 4 different stages by doing 4 sets of 2 leaves from the inside out.

exemple.jpg