Help create a group (geared motor, force driveshaft)

Hello 

I have to create a shaft that will receive 2 sprockets (with chain) at each end. The problem comes at the level of the RDM (see attachment), the forces to transmit are very great, in fact I have a torque of 33,000 N.m, created by a hollow hub geared motor, and to start again on each end of the shaft. To better understand the system, you can see the attached image. (The axis is colored green)

I would like to have a little help or advice on the design of the axle (especially for the keyhole, to reduce the forces > the splines?), motorization of the axle, is my choice of the type of gearbox good? Aren't there other means of motorization that would be more suitable for me? or if you have any remarks to make, go for it! 

Thanks in advance:)

vu_general_et_les_contraintes.jpg

Hello

First of all, it is never very good to train directly. In general, we but couplings: it avoids the "jolts" of starting...

For the drive torque of your motor you have to look at the doc. from your supplier and otherwise according to the Ø of the shaft and the length of your key, it is calculated...

So much so, hoping to have moved the schmilblic forward:)

2 Likes

I'm going to see the dimensions of the reducers, I think I should take some with a fairly long length (for the key), and for the diameter I can't exceed 140 mm, because after that the part is too heavy and expensive... In addition, the holes in the reducers are not as big, the one I had in mind was 140

I'll let you know if I find a solution, thank you

And I'll put a coupler, it's a good idea  :)

2 silly tricks:

-why not put the common shaft in place of the big sprockets and do without the chain transmission with a geared motor with variable speed

- make a common shaft with a single chain transmission in a central position and put a "classic" geared motor

not seeing too much of the rest of the structure, I think you want to rotate it

The problem with 2 chain transmissions will be to have the exact number of links on the 2 sides with the same tension = not easy to adjust, even with auto tensioners

Here is an update, I changed the electric geared motor by a Poclain MP11 hydraulic motor with a double output shaft, which will be linked with keys to another shaft on each side. I have to do a small RDM simulation to see the forces due to the matting.

But I have a new question, is the pivot link on the sides useful? it limits the bending a little, but otherwise it's useless, a simple one-time press would be enough?

capture.png

@Dpusel, Otherwise on the design my teachers have already validated the whole, I'm not going to change for a common tree.. For the chain transmission, the same, they told me that it's okay so it's fine:)

I have 2 weeks left to finish everything, it's not the time to change everything, but thanks anyway for the advice, it will be useful for next time

Hello

can you specify for the links on the sides, I don't see what you're talking about!