Addition of folding generators

Hello Community, 

I would like to know if it is possible to add bend generators in addition to the default ones of solidworks and automatically recalculate the angles to avoid facets? 

thank you in advance!!

Hello
Can you take a screenshot to illustrate your question?
Isn't it just a display quality issue (go to system options/display quality)?

3 Likes

Hello stefbeno,

Solidworks makes generators for me but I find that there are not enough and too far apart, the goal is to do more but not so simple because it's a spline curve and not a simple radius.

Hello

If it's a spline, it's often easier to trace it in tangent arcs, it limits the bugs

2 Likes

What function is used in solidworks (sheet metal, transition fold-> what options?), a small image to target the problem and answer clearly?

Hello

Can you post a screen print so we can get an idea of the need?

Hello, once unfolded I find myself with a developed for this part and generators that are too spaced average >100mm

I would like a spacing every 20 or 30mm for example

Option used: Bent-base plate

Can you also put a screen print of the edit or share function of your piece, which version are you in?

Hello

Is it to make crunching?? Or will you make the part in rolling.
@ac cobra had proposed a solution some time ago starting from a volume part made with a sketch, the sketch being made on the thickness of the sheet metal, then transformed into sheet metal so that it could be flattened.
It depends on the manufacturing technique and the mode chosen in SW to make your folding (crunching or other)
I don't see the size of the room like my colleagues.

Kind regards

In fact it doesn't matter what the part is, let's imagine I take a random curve that is not a radius, I want to be able to crunch (indeed it's zozo crunching) but for that it would be necessary, to have a good crunch, generators that are quite close to each other.

There is no real concrete example, it's just a problem that I pose.

Hello 

It seems that it is feasible via the "transition fold" tool

generation_de_plie.png
3 Likes

Thank you Ahmed15bout, indeed with this option you can choose the number of folds. I thought we could do it as long as we unfold our shape but that's not the case unfortunately.