Adding a solidworks file prefix

Hello

Do you have a technique to add a prefix to a set of files located in the same folder, like when you use solidworks explorer to rename who does it one by one?

A certain number of my links are broken but I will take the opportunity to recreate the sub-assemblies.

1 Like

From your assembly in SolidWorks:

You make a composition to take away

Adds a prefix

(Remember to check the drawings)

Selects the destination directory

Then OK

Delete your files without a prefix.

1 Like

It's possible with the Axemble ProjectManager utility which is paid if you don't have the MyCADTools suite!

http://www.mycadservices.com/store/fr/apps/mycadtools/manuels-d-utilisation/manuel-utilisation-utilitaire-projectmanager.html

The composition worked very well in my new folder where the links are good but now I'm recovering from the cuckoo or 80% of the links are inoperative.

I'll try it with project manager

Thank you

1 Like

Hello

You have a utility from the myCADtools suite that can meet your expectations:

- "ProjectManager" (here), allows you to duplicate an assembly, and all its dependencies, by applying a renaming function. Under certain conditions, the "Integration" utility can also do this.

Kind regards

2 Likes

Projectmanager allows you to duplicate and take the whole thing 

This does not correspond to what I am looking for since the assembly already has the right prefix 

I will see with integration otherwise I will continue to rename  "one by one"

OK, your assembly is already done, but nothing prevents you from duplicating it in another directory in order to add the prefix you want and then delete the old project.

Kind regards

1 Like

I admit that I was looking for an easy solution to rename, but I have the impression that I will have to save under each piece in a new folder, to keep the little link I have and to flatten the folders.

In any case, I have to rebuild all my machines. The first generation is very badly made (The beginnings of use... and copying of the old version) and as the second one takes up parts from the first... Right away it complicates it. 

I shouldn't have read the previous questions from my colleagues, it put me in my head to improve all my files.... Laughing out loud

In any case, thank you for the info, it allows me to guide my choices.

Have you tried with Solidworks Explorer? Admittedly, the navigation is a bit slow, but it allows you to rename by modifying the links in assemblies and planes.

Yes ChatNoir I started with SW explorer, it will remain the most practical. I think it's because I didn't understand the use of projectmanager because there is a rename function but I can't get it to work. On the other hand, it finds my assemblies well.

You can do this in case you want to unfold files and change the names of the files

in the assembly click File/Composition to take away  and there you will have the possibility to add a prefix or subfix

At this level the merradfateh a simple right click on the assembly allows this operation in the small solidworks menu

I have already tried this approach but unfortunately this operation is only valid if all the links are respected between the pieces