Add Component to a Selection Set (Save Selection)

Hi all 

The answer to my question may be obvious but I really can't find it: 

When you save a selection set (in an assembly in my case) a "selection set (1)" folder is created in the creation tree.

Is it possible to increment this list of other components via a dialog, drag and drop, etc...??

For my part, I have not yet found any way.

A little trick that I use today, but nevertheless painful to use when an edition of this list would be enough:

I click on my selection in the creation tree and ctrl+Click on the component to add :

Right-click -> save selection

The Vouloue selection is created, all that remains is to delete the previous one.

As you can see, it's still a bit of a mess and when you have to do it 30 times in a row it can become painful.

Hello

By dragging and dropping from the construction tree or the 3D window it doesn't work?

Edit: we don't see the images too much, if it's possible to put them in PC.

1 Like

Hello

PL rightly; If you left-click on the part in the creation tree and move it back into the folder, it should work.

1 Like

That's of course what I thought about at first but no, it doesn't work.

Unable to swipe on the folder.

And neither is trying to slide under a component.

1.jpg

Hello

I confirm, drag and drop doesn't work. By the way, the help doesn't mention the editing of the selections at all :http://help.solidworks.com/2016/french/SolidWorks/sldworks/c_selection_sets.htm?id=4e8e0a4ea9e54e77addf3446f704f1b8#Pg0&ProductType=&ProductName=

During my last training on SW15, it was confirmed that these features did not exist for the moment, it is a new 2015 it seems to me, not yet complete.

1 Like

Hello

Unfortunately this new function of SW2016 does not allow you to add additional parts, the only solution is the one you have described, let's hope it will evolve in the right direction.

@+

1 Like

I was very happy to discover the new position during the 2015+2016 training^^

To be continued...  

Thank you all

3 Likes

New in 2015 @Coyote, 2015. ;-)

1 Like