Add weight to a body and not to the part

Hello, I would like to know if it is possible to assign a weight other than by the material to a body.

Because I would like to make parts that I could insert into other parts and what weight I want, because if we assign a weight via the mass property it loses it when we insert it into a part.

Thank you

1 Like

Hello

You can replace the ground properties of your part or a body: http://help.solidworks.com/2022/french/SolidWorks/sldworks/HIDD_ASSIGNMASSPROP_TEXT_DLG.htm?id=94418af9919e45df9979ba71badcf8da#Pg0

This allows you to enter the mass yourself, the position of the center of gravity...

2 Likes

Hello

If the question is whether it was possible to assign different materials to the different bodies of a part, the answer is yes. So you can assign the material once the bodies are inserted into the part.

1 Like

Hello

It is quite possible to assign different materials for each body in the same room (as long as they are not merged).

capture.jpg

Hello

When I replace the properties of my part to change the mass, when I insert it into another part (and not an assembly) it does not have the weight that I have assigned to it.

And I can't replace the mass of a body in my house has become gray, tell me if it's the same in you ?

And I don't want to create a material for every piece, because I have a lot of them.

1 Like

Hello

It's normal for it to be grayed out. You can't modify the original library and that's fine. Otherwise, imagine the mess. On the other hand, it is quite possible to add a material by simply copying / pasting. You copy a nearby material from the library and paste it at the bottom in a Custom Subjects category . And then you do what you want to him.

Not possible for me to assign a weight "manually" to a body.

The only existing solution is indeed to change the matter of the body, which seems not to suit you.

Or to change the total weight of the bodies, but it is not possible to change the weight of one or more bodies individually.

It's true, there is no "weight" box to fill in directly. What can be modified is the density to obtain the desired weight.