Add one of the half-spheres to a non-flat surface

Hello, I'm looking to add matter (in this case half-spheres) on a non-flat surface. I have not been able to find a method on the internet, and so I am turning to you to try to find a solution. I've already tried to project spheres (or half-spheres) on the surface and then be able to make a revolution, but the results didn't work, because when I want to do a repetition, the spheres all stay in the same plane and are therefore no longer in contact with my surface. I also tried to assemble my half-sphere with the surface, but here too the results didn't work. I'll attach an example as soon as I managed to create it.

Thank you in advance for your answers

Hello, for a sphere, a simple custom repetition is enough.

You must have created the position points of each sphere on the surface.

In my example, I'm using the intersection of the parametric iso curve.

I create the first sphere on one of the points.

Then custom repetition with the previously created intersection points as multiselection.

3 Likes

Hello, thank you for your answer, I managed to do it on a surface like yours, but now I have another problem that arises. I would like to create a network of points at equal distances (with rectangular repetition or something like that) on the non-planar surface, but the problem is that I only have my final surface at my disposal and can't create a curve that follows the edge to create my points.

Hoping you can still help me.

Hello, can you put a CATIA file = or lower than CATIA V5-6 R2018, or an image of your surface.

Normally if you have a surface edge, an edge, you should be able to use the "Extraction" CMD under GSD to create the curve after you have "repetition of points on curve"

2 Likes

Hello, I'm attaching an example that looks like my base file. My problem is that I can't know which curves border my surface and are at the edges. If I can get them, the rest should be done pretty simply.

Thanks in advance

part5.catpart

Good evening 

As said before with the extraction option.

We recover the 4 external curves that can be used with the point-on-curve repetition.

1 Like

Ah I just understood it works thank you for your help :)