Add url in library

Hello

Does Solidworks allow you to add a url address to the library?

Thank you in advance for your answer.

Jean-Claude SCHLUPP

Hello

That is to say in the library? Url in  Library Piece?

Cdlt

I add a note with a URL link for the pieces of the store

Here's how I do it

- Insert -> Annotation -> Note

- Insert a hyperlink

- Fill in the url link -> OK

- Click on the note to open a web page

1 Like

This note can be placed in 3D or 2D

CDLT

1 Like

YP69,

Again, you are the one answering my question. Once again, I see that Solidworks has little knowledge for you.

I followed your advice and it is relevant except that as soon as I add this note to the library, it loses its hypertext link.

I am convinced that you have the solution.

We look forward to reading you and thank you in advance for your answer.

JCS

What do you mean by library?

I was talking about the design library, the one that includes the Toolbox, the parts to be imported into an assembly.

Yours sincerely.

JCS

copie_decran.jpg

I put url  links in the library file, but they are not visible when you add a library file (sldlfp) in another room.

fonction_biblio.jpg

hello YP69,

Thank you for answering me so quickly.

Finally, Solidworks does not allow a URL link to be inserted into the design library. However, the software does offer access to a "Supplier" web page through 3D ContentCentral. Is there a solution in this direction?

Yours sincerely.

JCS

2020-09-17_14-52-12.pdf

SolidWorks can insert a link in the library function, but the link is visible when opening the library function

3D ContentCentral is a sharing library that you need to download, then you will need to fill in your data properties

Thank you for your help and valuable collaboration.

Fortunately, there are still competent people who make their experience and professionalism available.

You will find attached the summary or checklist of this problem that you have been able to solve.

I would like to thank you warmly.

JCS 

inserer_url_dans_bibliotheque.pdf