Adjust Sketch Position on Face

Hello, I am making a stand for a cylindrical bluetooth speaker.

I used projected curves that allowed me to get the shape I liked. Only I come across a problem that I can't solve and that has already blocked me in the past.

I don't know how to adjust my sketch on a surface before I do my sweep (either it's not big enough, or it's too big). 

On the following screenshot I would like to make sure that the body at the base of the arrow is better positioned (at the top of the arrow).

I tried to project a curve but I can't do a sweep with it 

And there is always a gap 

Thanks in advance

essay1.sldprt

You have to convert your projected curve into a 3D sketch

@+

1 Like

Thanks for your answer, but when I create a 3D sketch and convert my projected curve. The scan function refuses my profile because it is a closed non-planar 3D sketch (not allowed)!

@KarmaKat

I would like to help you but I don't really understand your question

In addition, as you have a version higher than mine, I can't open your file

it's your projected curve (once it's been projected)

that you have to convert into a 3D sketch

you also say that the 3D sketch is firm and that's why you can't do any sweeping

well cut your 3D sketch a little bit, do your sweep

and then  you will do a smoothing between the 2

Clearly explain what you want  because via your image 1 and 2 I have a little trouble understanding

@+

Hello

Sorry, I'm going to rephrase it a little better!

I'm looking to make a stand for my speaker which is cylindrical in shape. Here is an overview of the result I am looking to achieve:

Seen from below (I'm trying to make a kind of X that connects the 2 sides (well it's not clean but the idea is there): 

I do all this by symmetry and I wonder how to make the first part of my X (the selected part):

I projected a sketch on the face but when I do my sweep I have an offset:

So I wonder how to adjust a sketch correctly on a surface, or rather how to get matter out of a body properly without there being pieces sticking out.

For all the sweeps I've done, I've used a lot of projected curves. Is this the most appropriate way to make this kind of shape?

EDIT: By the way, do you have any resources to learn more about how the software works?

Hello @KarmaKat 

if I may 

Mechanically speaking 

your X is not I think the best walkthrough 

to stiffen your speaker stand even if we know that your speaker is not very heavy

What is the material intended for this support 

@+

Re, it's PLA plastic.

"your X is not I think the best walkthrough"

Yes, it's true, but I set myself the goal of exploring several forms to experiment.

What would you recommend as a shape? Knowing that I want it to respect a certain design

re @kamarkat

here is your JBL flop type speaker support part

made according to your posted views

The support profile is indeed coincident with the speaker

see via the file how I proceeded ;-)

attached file SW 2017

@+

support_enceinte_flop_jbl_kamakat.sldprt

Thank you very much, frankly you treat me. I hadn't imagined doing this so simply at all. It makes me realize that I don't quite master the basic tools. 'Well I would have learned some stuff by exploring.

Thanks again

1 Like

@KarmaKat

as they say all the roads even in Rome 

and why make it complicated when you can make it simple ;-)

@+